Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coral Pink Sand Dunes - Plus Win's Arch

Bogley BigShot

Coral Pink Sand Dunes - Plus Win's Arch

We headed out to find Win's Arch today. Its great! We picked up a bunch of trash around --- very sad that so many just trash an area. It's located outside the park, just off the dunes entrance (Hancock) that is closest to Kanab.

Then we headed into the park and hiked to the top of the 3 big dunes --- then went to check out Hog Canyon. An ATV area near Kanab.

I won't write up a trip report for this day, but will add some info and photos to 2 of my websites from the day. Actually I will add a trip report to the arch. Have a name yet Win?

http://www.eastziontourismcouncil.org/sand.htm
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/cor...sand-dunes.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

the picture entitled "dunes" is awesome!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    the picture entitled "dunes" is awesome!
    Thanks! We hiked to the 'other' side of the dunes to get that.

aww gawd ... it drives me nuts how these people don't give a damn about littering.

you guys do so much clean up, it seems tanya! nice job

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    aww gawd ... it drives me nuts how these people don't give a damn about littering.

you guys do so much clean up, it seems tanya! nice job
    Drives me nuts too! I wish the locals cared about the place! The arch seems to be quite the party place.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Drives me nuts too! I wish the locals cared about the place! The arch seems to be quite the party place.
    that the locals do it really chaps my hide ... grrr

Nice shots and thanks for leaving the place in better shape than when you got there.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Nice shots and thanks for leaving the place in better shape than when you got there.
    Thanks. This one was easy. We did not have to backpack the stuff out. I always keep a big supply of trash bags in the rover just for that reason.

Nice, Tanya! I've never named it, just too difficult to think of something catchy. I was out there on Saturday and actually picked up some junk in front of the large Hoodoo. I've got to throw a few trash bags in the Jeep.

Hog Canyon is pretty neat, I've done the trail in my Jeep and it wasn't easy.

On a side note. Gosh. there are a lot of eagles on the East side! I think I counted 8, between Coral Pink and the East Zion entrance.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Nice, Tanya! I've never named it, just too difficult to think of something catchy. I was out there on Saturday and actually picked up some junk in front of the large Hoodoo. I've got to throw a few trash bags in the Jeep.

Hog Canyon is pretty neat, I've done the trail in my Jeep and it wasn't easy.

On a side note. Gosh. there are a lot of eagles on the East side! I think I counted 8, between Coral Pink and the East Zion entrance.

Win
    Stefan thought Coral Arch. Bo likes Thunderbird Arch. I like Coral Pink Sand Dunes Arch or Coral Pink Arch, but Coral Arch is nice too.

But you have to pick a name!

Stefan thought Coral Arch. Bo likes Thunderbird Arch. I like Coral Pink Sand Dunes Arch or Coral Pink Arch, but Coral Arch is nice too.

how 'bout landfill arch

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan

how 'bout landfill arch

It fits. I still have the bags of trash in my rover. I am so tempted to go and throw it on the lawns of the Good Ole' Boys .. around here that I know do that sort of thing..... Tempeted... but won't. There is only one BLM patrol for a huge area. I think the same one that patrols the dunes area patrols up on Canaan Mountain where we hauled out all that trash. At Hog Canyon there was a bunch of trash all over the place too.

I would not consider myself to be an "environmentalist" but it really does upset me when people do not take care of the environment. I went out to Utah lake a couple of weeks ago and I found a pile of 10 computers on the ice. Someone brought them out to the lake and burned them on the ice and left them. It took me about 15 mins. to clean up their mess but if I didn't get the computers off the ice they would have been in the lake bed when the ice melted. I just don't understand why people can not take care of their own mess. I understand that sometimes people leave something behind by mistake and I do not mind picking up after them (I know I have done that too). I just do not understand how you consciously leave a big mess for someone else to deal with.

Bogley BigShot
    I would not consider myself to be an "environmentalist" but it really does upset me when people do not take care of the environment. I went out to Utah lake a couple of weeks ago and I found a pile of 10 computers on the ice. Someone brought them out to the lake and burned them on the ice and left them. It took me about 15 mins. to clean up their mess but if I didn't get the computers off the ice they would have been in the lake bed when the ice melted. I just don't understand why people can not take care of their own mess. I understand that sometimes people leave something behind by mistake and I do not mind picking up after them (I know I have done that too). I just do not understand how you consciously leave a big mess for someone else to deal with.
    I am an imperfect "environmentalist"

Kudos! To you and everyone that takes the time to clean up the mess others leave!

it really does upset me when people do not take care of the environment.
    Why is everyone in this form so scared to be an environmentalist?

en

Bogley BigShot
    [quote=Summit42]
    it really does upset me when people do not take care of the environment.
    Why is everyone in this form so scared to be an environmentalist?

en

Nice shots, Tanya, especially the atv photo. I will never understand the people who feel free to trash our land in any location. Happens a lot here in FL. Good ole boys throw loose trash in the back of the ole pickup and speed away...litter flying behind.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Nice shots, Tanya, especially the atv photo. I will never understand the people who feel free to trash our land in any location. Happens a lot here in FL. Good ole boys throw loose trash in the back of the ole pickup and speed away...litter flying behind.

So true! And Thanks Visitors are so careful to take care of things around here usually, but many locals just don't appreciate what they have.

The trail report is done.
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/coral-pink-sand.htm

There are lots of ATV shots in the album.
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/ima...m2/index36.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Why is this so bad?
    Why don't Democrats like to be labeled Liberals? That's the way I view it. I don't see myself as an "Environmentalist" per say, but I do get pissed when I see garbage all over the place and do pick up others crap on our outings. Do I care if people recycle, as long as they throw it out I could care less. I guess in some people's eyes, when you're tagged an "Environmentalist" it's like you are involved with the extremists of the bunch. The mental (EnvironMENTAList) part

I guess in some people's eyes, when you're tagged an "Environmentalist" it's like you are involved with the extremists of the bunch.
    And tagged a liberal. Just because one is an environmentallist does not mean they are a Liberal or Democrat. I get that a lot. People think that because I am pro-environment and because I disapprove of Bush that I have to be a Liberal, but it isn't true.

Anyway, shame on whomever left all that trash.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.