Thread: My first geocache

My first geocache

This past Friday I went on my first geocaching experience with my brother in law. We were in Arizona, up on Fry Mesa, part of Mt. Graham. There were two caches up there and the first one we couldn't find, then found out later that the coordinates were about 40 feet off. I found the second one using my brother in laws GPS unit. I thought it was a lot of fun and am looking forward to getting my own GPS unit so that I can do this more often. I'll post my pic once I get it uploaded.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Congratulations! I don't know if you have registered your own account yet with geocaching.com but I would recommend it. When I first started caching I used my friends account (not knowing I would really get in to it) and I did several caches that I never logged under my account (because I forgot which ones they were). I know that it is the actual caching that is fun and logging them isn't really important, but I log them all (over a hundred now) and try and take pictures of most of them so that I have a log of the caches (kind of like a heterosexual scrap book )

P.S. 2 of my brothers used to use Google earth and geocaching.com to go caching until they bought their own GPS units. It seemed to work for in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Congratulations! I don't know if you have registered your own account yet with geocaching.com but I would recommend it. When I first started caching I used my friends account (not knowing I would really get in to it) and I did several caches that I never logged under my account (because I forgot which ones they were). I know that it is the actual caching that is fun and logging them isn't really important, but I log them all (over a hundred now) and try and take pictures of most of them so that I have a log of the caches (kind of like a heterosexual scrap book )

P.S. 2 of my brothers used to use Google earth and geocaching.com to go caching until they bought their own GPS units. It seemed to work for in the city.
    Hmmm, Google Earth huh? I'll have to see how that works and give it a try.

It is not quite the same thing as having the GPS to do it, but with a little bit of practice, you can usually show up and have a pretty good guess where the cache is for the easier rated caches.

A girl I'm friends with in Salt Lake does the google earth caching, I got her hooked and now she cant stop even though she doesn't have a GPS, I think she's found 15 already in just a couple weeks.. She_She is her name on Geocaching.com