Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coyote hunting yesterday...

To each is own....but if you knock down a coyote at this time of year....there's a good chance your leaving a litter of pups to fend for themselves.

Wait a bit and you'll have more targets for the fall...plus you could actually use the hides if you choose.

Just my $.02's
    Good to know, thanks.

So where are some good places?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Takes a big man to murder a little dog.
    And just what, exactly, does being a "big man" have to do with anything?

I don't understand you guys and all your references to "manhood" and "murder" and stuff. You are simply ignorant, apparently? Coyote hunting has nothing to do with my manhood. Or anyone elses. Does it take a "big man" to make lame ass snipes from behind a keyboard?

Wanna do some real "big man" stuff? Here's a suggestion:

If you have derogatory comments of a personal nature to make, then make them truly personal. By that I mean, make them in person. Face to face. Close enough to make sure I can smell your breath when you are making your snide little comments. Regardless of the outcome, I could at least respect you for taking that iniative. But for sitting behind your keyboard, taking pot shots that don't even show any creative thought process or intellectual integrity, all I can do is wonder how much it must suck to be you.

As for the Rev. We all know that I'm the subject of his intense homosexual fantasies. We all know that. While I'm not his type, and don't lean that way anyway, I'm still flattered by the attention.

- DAA

Man, I can almost hear the gun shots in those posts....take it easy dudes!

Hey DAA, I have never really been hunting, so excuse the question...

What exactly do you do with a coyote? Do you use it for hides, frame it or do you actually use it for meat? Again, nothing offensive, I am really just curious.

Come on fellas, we don't need any personal attacking here. Let's just all get along and keep it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by DAA
    I don't understand you guys and all your references to "manhood" and "murder" and stuff. You are simply ignorant, apparently? Coyote hunting has nothing to do with my manhood. Or anyone elses. Does it take a "big man" to make lame ass snipes from behind a keyboard?.
    Just settle down there buddy It was a complement.... Not many people can murder innocent animals in cold blood and post the pictures on the Internet bragging about it.

DAA - I'll call you on your shit right now. I don't care if it's online or a foot from your face, I'll still tell you that I think hunting coyotes for sport is for pussys. and you do it, so you do the math. Any person that thinks it shows any talent to sit around taking pot shots at coyotes is a frigging idiot. shit, I could walk up into my buddies backyard any summer night and pick of ten in an hour.

when reading your post I have no choice but to come to the conclusion that you are a. to scared to participate in a sport where the other participant isn't an unsuspecting victim, or b. just don't have the skills to participate in any other sport.

oh, and I'm not an anti-gun nut, btw. or even anti-hunting, for that matter. but when it's purely for sport and has no other purpose, well, to reiterate, that's for pussys. I'm all for hunting to eat, or even hunting for sport, as long as you are eating the meat.

Also, please don't launch into so speech about how there's an over population of coyotes, rabbits, etc. It's because people like yourself hunted wolves out of existence 70 years ago that has removed the natural predator of coyotes. given time nature balances itself out, but not when humans continue to dick with it's ability to do so.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

OK, we'd hate to lock this one down too, but there's no reason for bitter arguments.

This is the Hunting & Shooting forum. Something's gonna die. If the activity remains legal, it's allowed to be posted here.

Let's stop the personal attacks, or it will have to be locked up.

sombeech, all i have to say about that is, why moderate based on my last comment. It's pretty obvious that you've been reading this thread up till now. why not state that you'd lock it down after this comment from DAA -
    "As for the Rev. We all know that I'm the subject of his intense homosexual fantasies. We all know that."

seriously, regardless of your personal view of the situation, moderate based on what's there, not the side that you are on. If you are going to claim this is a "family-friendly forum" then make it so.

P.S., I don't care if you lock the thread or not. I'll let my last comment stay my last.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by fouristhenewone
    sombeech, all i have to say about that is, why moderate based on my last comment. It's pretty obvious that you've been reading this thread up till now.
    Sorry, but that's not the case. I hadn't seen this thread since yesterday when I made that last comment. I hadn't logged on to the forum until right about noon today. I'm replying to everybody who has posted.

We've got to practice some self control. If there is a certain forum that gets us a little upset, we'll just have to stay out of it. This is why I stay out of the Political & Environmental forums. I try not to even look around in there.

Canyoneering has its bolt wars....caving has it's disclosure of cave locations...guess this forum has it's coyote hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Seriously, though, you did eat your kill, right?
    :roflol: coming from somebody who strongly supports abortion, I guess we could ask you the same question.
    Yes, with fava beans and a nice merlot.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by DAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Takes a big man to murder a little dog. :2thumbs:
    And just what, exactly, does being a "big man" have to do with anything?

I don't understand you guys and all your references to "manhood" and "murder" and stuff. You are simply ignorant, apparently? Coyote hunting has nothing to do with my manhood. Or anyone elses. Does it take a "big man" to make lame ass snipes from behind a keyboard?

Wanna do some real "big man" stuff? Here's a suggestion:

If you have derogatory comments of a personal nature to make, then make them truly personal. By that I mean, make them in person. Face to face. Close enough to make sure I can smell your breath when you are making your snide little comments. Regardless of the outcome, I could at least respect you for taking that iniative. But for sitting behind your keyboard, taking pot shots that don't even show any creative thought process or intellectual integrity, all I can do is wonder how much it must suck to be you.

As for the Rev. We all know that I'm the subject of his intense homosexual fantasies. We all know that. While I'm not his type, and don't lean that way anyway, I'm still flattered by the attention.

- DAA
    Hey, I'm in Virginia, you're in Utah. I'm not making a special trip just to tell you what I think of you. This will have to do, bub.

Far as the fantasy thing, you've never met me. I might be JUST your type, Nancy! Hee hee hee...

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by fouristhenewone
    DAA - I'll call you on your shit right now. I don't care if it's online or a foot from your face, I'll still tell you that I think hunting coyotes for sport is for pussys. and you do it, so you do the math. Any person that thinks it shows any talent to sit around taking pot shots at coyotes is a frigging idiot. shit, I could walk up into my buddies backyard any summer night and pick of ten in an hour.

when reading your post I have no choice but to come to the conclusion that you are a. to scared to participate in a sport where the other participant isn't an unsuspecting victim, or b. just don't have the skills to participate in any other sport.

oh, and I'm not an anti-gun nut, btw. or even anti-hunting, for that matter. but when it's purely for sport and has no other purpose, well, to reiterate, that's for pussys. I'm all for hunting to eat, or even hunting for sport, as long as you are eating the meat.

Also, please don't launch into so speech about how there's an over population of coyotes, rabbits, etc. It's because people like yourself hunted wolves out of existence 70 years ago that has removed the natural predator of coyotes. given time nature balances itself out, but not when humans continue to dick with it's ability to do so.
    Amen to that.

-- Wm Blake

I have met a lot of people that are all talk and think that they have the skills to take a coyote. Very few people actually are successful or accurate enough in their shooting to actually shoot a coyote. Good Job DAA on your years of time spent in the field and the respect that you have for coyotes that seems to go unnoticed in this very forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Canyoneering has its bolt wars....caving has it's disclosure of cave locations...guess this forum has it's coyote hunting. :lol8:
    Bolt wars? Do tell, O Jumar!

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    What exactly do you do with a coyote? Do you use it for hides, frame it or do you actually use it for meat? Again, nothing offensive, I am really just curious.
    The hides are sometimes worth a little, many counties offer a bounty as well.
    They are not fit to eat just like you wouldn't eat mice or rats that you trap.

Coyotes are prolific, killing them to protect your ranch animals or for fun does not impact their numbers enough to even keep them in check, That's why the bounty on them and government subsidized control.

DAA is a hero of mine, these critters are not at all easy to bag (except for fourist who can "pick of ten in an hour" :cool: )

I just hunt them for fun and to piss off the rev .

Ive never had much luck hunting coyotes, but I do like to shoot dogs randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Canyoneering has its bolt wars....caving has it's disclosure of cave locations...guess this forum has it's coyote hunting.
    Bolt wars?
    bolt wars ... kind of like the clone wars in star wars. piktchure the evil empire coming and modifying (some might say "dumbing down") canyons by placing metal bolts to mollify difficulties and obstacles naturally present in the canyon. the rebels have fought against the empire by using the good side of the force (knowledge, ingenuity and education) to spread the practice of natural anchoring and other non-permanent methods to deal with the obstacles ... convincing others of the need for and the elegance of broadening their skill set so that it's commensurate with the canyon rather than the reverse ... to respect the canyon, as it were.

the bolt wars further involved the middle ... those who aren't about to place a bolt everywhere, but can see the utility of placing them in certain places ...

the rebels seem to have won in general, however, the empire is still alive, though elusive ...

Rev. Coyote wrote:
    jumar wrote:

Bolt wars?

bolt wars ... kind of like the clone wars in star wars. piktchure the evil empire coming and modifying (some might say "dumbing down") canyons by placing metal bolts to mollify difficulties and obstacles naturally present in the canyon. the rebels have fought against the empire by using the good side of the force (knowledge, ingenuity and education) to spread the practice of natural anchoring and other non-permanent methods to deal with the obstacles ... convincing others of the need for and the elegance of broadening their skill set so that it's commensurate with the canyon rather than the reverse ... to respect the canyon, as it were.

the bolt wars further involved the middle ... those who aren't about to place a bolt everywhere, but can see the utility of placing them in certain places ...

the rebels seem to have won in general, however, the empire is still alive, though elusive ...

Yeah there's an endless debate on whether or not to use bolts, and when and where to use them.
    Use the force Luke! Or a big pile of rocks to rappel off of. Whichever's easier.