Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many coyote hunters on the forum?

Guess that makes me a monster with a woodie.

Schaaaawing!

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    The problem I've had with some of the people here is that they kill just to kill -- and that's depravity. It is morally reprehensible (just plain wrong) to kill critters and not use them. "
    It's not at all about killing just to kill. If hunters do not control predator and varmint populations the government will, just to maintain human health and civilization. If we kill too many the government (utah division of wildlife resources) would limit the number that could be taken and collect licence money from hunters and put it into programs and habitat to maintain a healthy population. The fact that a particular animal is not fit to eat has no bearing on the process.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    It's not at all about killing just to kill. If hunters do not control predator and varmint populations the government will, just to maintain human health and civilization. If we kill too many the government (utah division of wildlife resources) would limit the number that could be taken and collect licence money from hunters and put it into programs and habitat to maintain a healthy population. The fact that a particular animal is not fit to eat has no bearing on the process.
    Oh I see. You're performing a public service.

Allow me now to laugh my ass off.

I guess you need to find a justification anwhere you can, no matter how thin.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC
    I think I'll go have a "mild drink"...perchance made from barley, and other grain...

"Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain."

-Brian in SLC

"Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
    And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.
    All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;
    And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger."

"I do not believe any man should kill animals or birds unless he 'needs' them for food...I think it is wicked for men to thirst in their souls to kill almost everything which possess life. It is wrong, and I have been surprised at prominent men who I have seen whose very souls seemed to be athirst for the shedding of animal blood. They go off hunting deer, antelope, elk, anything they can find, and what for? 'Just for the fun of it!' I am a firm believer... in the simple words of one of the poets: 'Take not away the life you cannot give, for all things have an equal right to live'."

"We are a part of life and should study carefully our relationship to it. We should be in sympathy with it, and not allow our prejudices to create a desire for its destruction. The unnecessary destruction of life begets a spirit of destruction which grows within the soul. It lives by what it feeds upon and robs man of the love that he should have for the works of God. It hardens the heart of man... The unnecessary destruction of life is a distinct spiritual loss to the human family. Men cannot worship the Creator and look with careless indifference upon his creation. The love of all life helps man to the enjoyment of a better life. ...Love of nature is akin to the love of God, the two are inseparable."

-Joseph F. Smith
    I'm no mormon by any stretch, but that's some great writing.

Thanks, Brian. I love to read good proper English.

-- Wm Blake

The problem I've had with some of the people here is that they kill just to kill -- and that's depravity. It is morally reprehensible (just plain wrong) to kill critters and not use them. "
    while this may be the reason one is permitted (encouraged?) to hunt, i suppose it's more about asking(confronting) yourself truthfully -- what is the primary reason you are out there doing this, that is, what is your real motivation.

... moreover, and what does it mean to put movies of exploding rabbits on the internet, all the while cracking jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    what does it mean to put movies of exploding rabbits on the internet, all the while cracking jokes?
    This is the only way I can express myself. It's my freedom of speech, and if I can't make videos of killing rabbits, I feel my artistic freedom has been robbed.

Let's just call it "Artistic Expression", so nobody can rightfully complain about it.

while this may be the reason one is permitted (encouraged?) to hunt, i suppose it's more about asking(confronting) yourself truthfully -- what is the primary reason you are out there doing this, that is, what is your real motivation.
    For myself there are many reasons to hunt, I do not need to justify it to myself because it is as plain as day to me. I was just explaining that there might possibly be a reason to hunt other than eating the beast (though I do clean, process and eat every animal I harvest that is fit for the table). A farmer might poisen critters to save his field, a rancher might kill preditors trying to take his livestock, I do it because I am a "little man".

10. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    what does it mean to put movies of exploding rabbits on the internet, all the while cracking jokes?
    This is the only way I can express myself.
    huh?

It's my freedom of speech, and if I can't make videos of killing rabbits, I feel my artistic freedom has been robbed.

Let's just call it "Artistic Expression", so nobody can rightfully complain about it.
    well, it may be your artistic expression, but rest assured, anyone may rightfully complain about it,

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    This is the only way I can express myself. It's my freedom of speech, and if I can't make videos of killing rabbits, I feel my artistic freedom has been robbed.

I dunno, man...I made a series of videos of myself dressed in a giant duck suit beating midgets with a plastic Santa Claus in a bus station. The cops were SO closed-minded about the whole thing and the judge threw out both my 1st Amendment and 14th Amendment appeals.

The arts are constantly under fire.

-- Wm Blake

I made a series of videos of myself dressed in a giant duck suit beating midgets with a plastic Santa Claus in a bus station.
    The bus station must have been closed. They'll come down hard on you for that.