Thread: Provo BonFire Location?

Provo BonFire Location?

The scouts in my area gathered up a bunch of x-mas trees and we want to burn them. Do any of you happen to know a good location in the Provo area for a bonfire? I know that there us a good spot at Utah Lake (where they do the couch fires every end of semester) but I don't know where it is.

I know it's a long shot but I thought I would throw it out there in case any of you had any ideas.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just do it on the east side of Utah Lake. Super easy to find a spot. Just drive along the edge of the lake there until you see some dry shore. I've had 20 some odd fires out there in my day.

Make some sobe bombs and have fun.

Price
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Take the road behind the Geneva Steel plant (400 south Geneva Road) and follow it to the lake. There are a number of spots to pull off and build a doozy right on the shore. Other alternatives are out in the cedars by Eureka. We built one on the steel grate of an 800 foot mine shaft and watched the embers drift down and till they were out of sight. Pretty cool

Thanks guys. I really really appreciate the suggestions. I'll probably try and drive out today and check them out.

BTW: price1869- I really like your avatar picture.

I thought this was funny. I clicked on this bonfire thread, and there's the bonfire in the image bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Thanks guys. I really really appreciate the suggestions. I'll probably try and drive out today and check them out.

BTW: price1869- I really like your avatar picture.
    Ummm make sure you are in a spot where a fire is legal. "How was scouts son?" "It was sooooo cool. We lit this big fire and then our leader got arrested. I love scouting...."

Arrested in front of the scouts is bad form.
    Life is Good

Sombeech- That really is funny.

Thanks for the heads up. I drove out there tonight to the area just behind Geneva and I found what should be a good safe area, with remnants of previous fires. Hopefully we'll be okay.

http://www.airmonitoring.utah.gov/api.htm
    Pretty sure you need a permit, not sure if you will be able to get one this time of year (inversion time).
    save your self some jail time and a used honda civc worth of fines and just dont burn them.