Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idaho's "governor" proves himself a complete jerk

Idaho's "governor" proves himself a complete jerk

The story below shows Idaho's "governor" is a complete, utter, unadulterated jerk. In supporting the idiotic killing of wolves, he not only shows himself as a piece of trash, but burdens the legitimate hunting community with yet another image problem.

As a sustenance hunter and fisherman, I find Otter's actions deeply offensive and just plain wrong.

-----------------
    Idaho Governor Calls for Gray Wolf Kill

January 12, 2007

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tasty

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Tasty :naughty:
    Possibly. I'd like to see every S.O.B. shoots a wolf have to eat it.

Re: Idaho's "governor" proves himself a complete j

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    In supporting the idiotic killing of wolves
    or rather, "Killing of Idiotic Wolves".
    Suzanne Stone said Otter's proposal would return wolves to the verge of eradication. "Essentially he has confirmed our worst fears for the state of Idaho"
    If this is Idaho's worst fear, life must be pretty good there.

Utah must suck, because my worst fear. in Utah, is my home getting broken into when my family is unprotected. Leaving 100 Elk slaughtering predators ALIVE, that fear is quite a few rungs down on the ladder.

But that's me, and that's Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Utah must suck, because my worst fear. in Utah, is my home getting broken into when my family is unprotected. Leaving 100 Elk slaughtering predators ALIVE, that fear is quite a few rungs down on the ladder.

But that's me, and that's Idaho.

Amen to all of that.

Oh, and by "Elk slaughtering predators," are you referring to the governor and his butt buddies or to the wolves...?

And dammit, now I have a hankering for an elkburger.

And dammit, now I have a hankering for an elkburger.
    Hmmmm..... I has just thinking of BBQing up a nice wolf drumstick myself

Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter told The Associated Press that he wants hunters to kill about 550 gray wolves.
    I hope they sell some out of state tags. I can't imagine a more challenging hunt.

I might not eat the predator but I sure would sell the pelt and buy some double cheeseburgers.

Oh, and by "Elk slaughtering predators," are you referring to the governor and his butt buddies or to the wolves...?
    Actually, just the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Actually, just the butt.
    You said butt. Heh heh heh...

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    I hope they sell some out of state tags. I can't imagine a more challenging hunt.

I might not eat the predator but I sure would sell the pelt and buy some double cheeseburgers. :lol8:

Tell you what, little man, for every wolf you get I'll shoot five open range welfare cows. That should be an even trade.

I think my old .308 Mauser would be right for the job!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAW!!!!

Help me out here, was it in fact the gray wolf they reintroduced into the region or the non-native Timberwolf?

Please research your response thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    Help me out here, was it in fact the gray wolf they reintroduced into the region or the non-native Timberwolf?

Read the article. But if AP got it wrong, killing wolves is still reprehensible.

Read the article. But if AP got it wrong, killing wolves is still reprehensible.

I fail to see the moral wrongdoing in killing a wolf. Is it any different than killing a coyote, jackrabbit, bear, moose, elk, etc. etc.?

Am I missing something?

Bogley BigShot
    Read the article. But if AP got it wrong, killing wolves is still reprehensible.[/quote]

Yeah Killing animals is horrible!

I fail to see the moral wrongdoing in killing a wolf. Is it any different than killing a coyote, jackrabbit, bear, moose, elk, etc. etc.?

Am I missing something?
    I think killing an animal just for the kill (sport) is wrong compared to the killing of an animal for food (hunting). Sport killing gives hunting a bad name.

Plus, killing predators throws off the "natural balance." Predation helps herd improvement among deer, for instance. If you look at the deer population in my native state of Virginia, for instance, you can see how the lack of predators has made for an unhealthy herd. The annual hunt can't keep up with the population explosion. Wolves would help.

By the way, do you see anything wrong with killing bald eagles (loaded question, I know)? But they're predators and off the threatened list.

Bogley BigShot
    I think killing an animal just for the kill (sport) is wrong compared to the killing of an animal for food (hunting). Sport killing gives hunting a bad name.

Plus, killing predators throws off the "natural balance." Predation helps herd improvement among deer, for instance. If you look at the deer population in my native state of Virginia, for instance, you can see how the lack of predators has made for an unhealthy herd. The annual hunt can't keep up with the population explosion. Wolves would help.

By the way, do you see anything wrong with killing bald eagles (loaded question, I know)? But they're predators and off the threatened list.
    Very good

So this whole thing is meant for sport? I thought it was to regulate the predator levels.

And anytime that humans are not figured into the "Natural Balance", the equation is flawed.

I just don't understand the emotion that people tie to wolves. My aunt is a freak about wolves and is totally offended when this issue comes up. I see nothing wrong with thinning the previously protected packs of wolves.

As I understand it (speaking of those wolves around the Teton Nat'l Park) is that Timberwolves were re-introduced into the area. This species of wolf had never previously existed in the region. Any time you introduce a non-native species of anything into an area, inbalance occurs.

What is the difference between the gray wolf and the timberwolf? Again, my understanding is that the gray wolf is much smaller and less aggressive than the Timberwolf. By introducing the non-native species, the imbalance is perpetuating itself more aggressively than planned. The Jackson Elk Herd, in the span of a few years has gone from a stong 13,000 head to less than 7,000. I would not consider this a natural flucuation.

I don't really care either way. I understand that there are people whose lives are dependent upon the elk and other huntable game (outfitters, guides, businesses of all sort that cater to the out-of-towner hunters) and their livelihood is at stake because of the imbalance of things.

I have a brother that lives in Star Valley. I was up there hunting coyotes last month and saw two wolves out on Palisades Reservoir. While neat to look at, they are nothing more than an overgrown, over-aggressive coyote. If delisted - I'll hunt them too.

About the bald eagle. Do I see anything wrong with shooting them? Yes. That, to me, is about the same thing as defacing a national monument.

About the bald eagle. Do I see anything wrong with shooting them? Yes. That, to me, is about the same thing as defacing a national monument.

I know I baited you there, but you went directly to the emotional side of the issue.

Welfare cattle are non-native. And you can eat 'em!

Capish?

That's what I'm looking for.......... what is the emotional side of the wolf deal? I don't get it.