Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Idaho's "governor" proves himself a complete jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    However, the common American hunter is quite plump and savory.
    No, I think you mean ATV riders.
    Same $#it, different pile.

Oh, come on. I'm kidding!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    However, the common American hunter is quite plump and savory.
    No, I think you mean ATV riders.
    Same $#it, different pile.

Oh, come on. I'm kidding!
    Yeah, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutpiler_Utahn
    If wolves ever lost their fear of man, as many yotes have, there'd be a lot of hunters that would be in some serious danger. Just like the mtn. lion problems.

What sort of armed individual would fear a wolf? Maybe it will make the sport more "sporting."

Are you sure, by the way, that the woman you referenced " would LOVE to get her hands on a wolf to mount," isn't actually looking to be mounted by a wolf? Sounds more likely.

Dog killers are scum.
    Wow... your vast knowledge of wolves is simply astounding... Seriously, wolves hunt in packs and that doesn't mean they all "dogpile" on the prey. They're clever. I'd NEVER go hunting a wolf on my own, cause I know there's a good chance I'd fall into a trap and end up becoming the hunted. If wolves lost their fear of man, as coyotes have, then man would become another food source for them. It wouldn't just be hunters, but anybody living or traveling through their territory. Take your average dog, for instance. When dogs go feral, they group together in packs and become a danger to everybody and every animal in the area. Ever see the reports on abandoned dogs in New Orleans? The dogs were attacking news crews, military personel, and any other person or animal they came across. They weren't attacking to be aggressive or territorial, but to kill for food. Most dogs don't get close to 100lbs, whereas the candian gray wolf can (and has before) reach an astounding 175lbs.

Oh, and your personal attacks on sombody you've never met, spoken with, nor even heard of shows a person with TRUE character. No, you know what? I'm done with this conversation. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Have a nice day...

The following link goes to a news article posted from the Idaho Press-Tribune and is quite graphic in nature. There used to be pictures in this link and they really drove the point home. PResently the pictures have been removed, but the details of the story paint a picture of what wolves are capable of.
    I heard about that incident when it first happened, it didn't change how I feel one bit. If you send domestic animals into the woods, and they are attacked by a wild animal, whose fault is that, really?

Are we supposed to manage wildlife areas to make them safe for domestic dog packs to run free? Here's a solution: Don't hunt with dogs.

As an aside, some folks consider shooting a treed animal to be cowardly, and despicable. To me, that's no different than blasting a caged animal.

I'm sure it was an emotional thing for HIM when the Gov. layed this on the table.
    and don't gimme any of that "there's never been any record of a wolf killing a person"
    Yes, let's not let any facts into this purely emotional and superstitious discussion.

If wolves ever lost their fear of man, as many yotes have, there'd be a lot of hunters that would be in some serious danger.
    If my aunt was a dude she'd be my uncle. That's a BIG if, just like wolves adding humans to their prey list. If any large predators in North America wanted to consume humans, no woods or oceans would be safe for us to enter. The list of predators in N.A. with no natural fear of man is a list of one: polar bears.

If you know much about the relationship cycles between yotes and bunnies, then you'll note that when the bunny population soars, so does the yote population.
    It should be noted here that yotes breed to fill their environment, ample food and space cause population explosions, limited food and space will cause smaller and less frequent litters of pups. It doesn't matter if the food source is bunnies or terriers.

One way to garauntee a population explosion is to kill a bunch of yotes in the same area.

The best way to control yote numbers in urban areas is to police our trash, keep dog food inside, and don't let cats and lapdogs free to roam the neighborhood. Yotes love kitties and poodles.

The best way to control yotes in wilderness areas is by introducing their number one natural predator, wolves. Yote numbers are way down in Yellowstone.

Oh, and your personal attacks on sombody you've never met, spoken with, nor even heard of shows a person with TRUE character. No, you know what? I'm done with this conversation.
    The fact you get your jollies killing wolves is all I need to know. What amuses me is how you people try and mask your perversion by claiming you're providing some sort of a public service. It's no mission from God, bubbba.

Now go play in your gutpile.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

No matter what your opinion is, whether it be pro or con, the wolves in the West are going to be controlled by man. Now if you want to be involved in how that happens that is up to you. It isn't 1850 and man has changed the West and it's enviroment for ever. For good or bad it's just a fact that the wolves are going to be kept at a certain number and that number will be determined by man and not nature.

Quote Originally Posted by packfish
    No matter what your opinion is, whether it be pro or con, the wolves in the West are going to be controlled by man. Now if you want to be involved in how that happens that is up to you. It isn't 1850 and man has changed the West and it's enviroment for ever. For good or bad it's just a fact that the wolves are going to be kept at a certain number and that number will be determined by man and not nature.

Absolutely. The deer population in VA is over the top because they have no predators. The hunters can't keep up, even. It's a fake world we inhabit.

-- Wm Blake

Rev Coyote, you may find that folks are more willing to consider your point of view in these discussions if you refrain from calling names like:

piece of trash
    S.O.B.
    butt buddies
    little man
    wannabe-redneck
    sorry bastards
    knuckle-draggers
    scum
    bubbba

It all comes across as so... seventh grade.

Have a nice day.

LOL I want to be called a name too! so I should say somthing like "DIE WOLF" dang Rev if they don't control the wolves your buddy that kills deer when he gets hungry, because he is to proud to get a job, will run out of deer to poach. then he will have to eat stinkin' wolves...yuck!

It is hard for me understand why some people think that killing one species is wrong and another is ok? It doesn't matter if it is a deer, elk, jackrabbit, or Saddam Hussien the result is always the same, DEAD ANIMAL! this whole topic makes me laugh! please don't get mad and stop posting Rev Coyote I respect your right to a opinion and enjoy reading your posts. and I do agree with you that the Gov is a moron, he will say what the crowd wants to hear. if he was speaking in front of a animal rights group he probably tell a different lie.....
    If you are not living life on the edge.......YOU'RE TAKING UP TOO MUCH DAMN SPACE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donny h
    Rev Coyote, you may find that folks are more willing to consider your point of view in these discussions if you refrain from calling names like:

piece of trash
    S.O.B.
    butt buddies
    little man
    wannabe-redneck
    sorry bastards
    knuckle-draggers
    scum
    bubbba

It all comes across as so... seventh grade.

Have a nice day.

You forgot "rim job."

-- Wm Blake

You forgot "rim job."
    Um, since I actually know the definition of rim job, I rarely use that phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    I still want to hear about this deal w/ the wolves. Why are you such an opponent of killing some of them?
    Where can I get my wolf tag in Idaho? I'd be more than happy to shoot a wolf or two or three..... I have no problem whatsoever with killing an animal for the sport, i.e, jackrabbits and coyotes.

There is nothing emotional about it - just put the cross hairs on the shoulder and squeeze

Call me what you want - it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADHUNTER
    Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    I still want to hear about this deal w/ the wolves. Why are you such an opponent of killing some of them?
    Where can I get my wolf tag in Idaho? I'd be more than happy to shoot a wolf or two or three..... I have no problem whatsoever with killing an animal for the sport, i.e, jackrabbits and coyotes.

There is nothing emotional about it - just put the cross hairs on the shoulder and squeeze

Call me what you want - it doesn't bother me.

I love it. You know I wouldn't mind shooting a wolf. Sounds like a good time and a challenging hunt.

i'm all for controlling the wolf population. as an avid hunter in idaho i have personally seen a decline in elk herd populations in areas where wolves have migrated to. i asked a fish and game warden and he said the wolves had decreased elk populations by 30%. that has translated into few elk tags issued.

another note, wolves do migrate. they have not stayed in the remote areas where they were initially reintroduced because of their exponential growth. their numbers grow so quickly because they are at the top of the food chain. diseases are the only things that kill the wolves.

with the growth of wolf numbers comes other consequences. wolves have taken over territory once dominated by coyotes. the coyotes are now forced to migrate. as a result, coyotes are now seen in regions once dominated by the fox. the fox, has had no place to migrate to and are in constant direct competition with the coyotes. as a result, fox numbers are now dwindling very very low.

along with the coyotes' migration comes other conflicts. a larger number of coyotes are now forced to share open range space with cattle. young calf killings by coyotes has skyrocketed.

all this information comes from an idaho fish and game warden. he also stated that studies are now indicating the fox may eventually die off.

so, it seems that the wolf has been reintroduced at the expense of the fox.

the solution is a simple. control the wolf population! the only way to do that is by issuing tags.