Thread: College Football playoff

College Football playoff

Here is a great article on the BCS and why we do not have a College Football Playoff

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...yhoo&type=lgns

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Let me see, money and power??? Gee what a surprise. 2014..... that gives us 7 years to bellyache before anything can happen. The Rose bowl deal was, I must admit, pretty slick.
    Life is Good

The Rose Bowl deal was dumbass unless you were the Pac 10 or Big 10. If the other conferences had of formed a playoff at the time the Rose Bowl deal was made I think the Pac 10 and Big 10 would have been forced to eventually join or lose prestige.

I don't know if many of you youngsters remember this.... but at one time in basketball the NIT was bigger then the NCAA Playoff, but by claiming to crown a National Champ, setting up a format where everyone can play their way in and grinding it out over the years the NCAA playoff was become the king.

I didn't say I liked the Rose Bowl deal but you got to admit the shrewdness of the contract which screws with the whole playoff thought. If the PAC 10 and the big 10 are locked in and can't play in the playoffs then the playoffs are toast. I was only admiring the thought and shrewdness here.
    Life is Good

I agree.... with this deal the Pac 10 and Big 10 came out smelling like a Rose

and became the thorn to the rest of us
    Life is Good

Did you guys know that Division 2-A has a tournament? If they can do it why not Division 1-A?

P.S. Sorry if the article says just that. I don't have time to read it right now, I am crazy tired from 2 days of driving and I want to go to bed.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Read the article when you get a chance..... its really good

That really is a good article. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't want a playoff right now. The idea of having to wait until 2014 is crazy. The BCS is so flawed but the people with the power to change it are the ones getting lots of money from it.

I like that the article has a picture of Delany.

I just watched the Fiesta Bowl again. Even when they won and I thought OSU was going to win I believed that BSU deserved a shot at the title. How are you going to win every game and not get a shot? There really needs to be a change.

Good time to give this thread a bump...

I'll say it. Hawaii should be playing for the championship. Call me an uneducated ignoramos. I know all the stuff about strength of schedule, strength of conferences, money under the table.... , but they should be playing for all the marbles.
    Life is Good

So should have BSU and the Utes a couple years back. Lame deal.

At least this time the BCS gave Hawaii a quality oppenent.... Geogia might be the toughest BCS team to beat right now. I guess the BCS got tired of Utah and Boise beating up on the big boys and making them look bad.... so this time they are sending the Big Dog to the fight.

Utah got screwed in its BCS game by being paired with Pitt....

Utah definitely took the phillips tip on their deal, but BSU had a good opponent. I am most interested in the Hawaii game this year. They are just so fun to watch and I LOVE rooting for the underdog.

The WAC has a couple of teams running some pretty unique offenses.... Hawaii has the run-n-shoot and Nevada has "The Pistol", both offenses are really exciting to watch.... keep your eyes open, Nevada will make a run at the WAC Championship sometime in the next few years, they are doing an outstanding job of growing that program. In addition a one-off exotic offense is tough to stop because defenses don't see it enough to completely understand how to defend it. When Utah made their big run with the spread they benifited greatly because the O was so new, now teams are starting to learn how to defense it properly.

I was hoping for a BSU vs BYU game. I think it could be a lot of fun to watch.