Thread: Bounty on Coyote's?

Bounty on Coyote's?

Does anyone know if there's a bounty on coyote's? I've heard there is one but don't know for sure. If there is one, how would somebody go about collecting or isn't it worth the trouble?
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yes bounties are available. Generally it is administered by the counties with predatory problems so you must find the county with the money, deliver proof to the county administrator.

Tooele county paid $20 per coyote last year.

http://wolfsaga.blogspot.com/2006/10...ad-coyote.html
    http://www.nephitimesnews.com/1103/112603/3.htm
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Thanks for the info RedMan. I shot one yesterday just off the Allen Ranch road in Cedar Valley. We were on our way out of the area we were rabbit hunting when we spotted him running in the middle of a snow covered field. We pulled over long enough for me to grab my .22 out of the back of the Cruiser then we chased him to within about 20 yards. I got out of the vehicle and downed him with one shot through the vitals. I was really surprised at how fast he went down. I thought I'd have to shoot him several times with the .22 but one shot and he tumbled and went still. I was using the high velocity (over 1700 fps) hollow point rounds. I had my 9mm assault carbine with me but couldn't get to it quick enough. A good end to a good day of rabbit hunting!
    Are we there yet?

Ah, I was thinking of going coyote hunting out that direction.

Crazy! Are you sure that's not PhotShop'd in?
    Are we there yet?

Crazy! Are you sure that's not PhotShop'd in?
    Nope

Wow, if that is real then that dude has a serious predator problem.

Or maybe he doesn't any more.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Cache Valley has a $20 bounty going on now. Take the set of ears to Al's sporting goods and they give you a voucher for $20. Take the voucher to the willife ofice and get your $20 bucks. It is kind of a hassle, but if you shoot enough of them it could be well worth it.

Here's a photo of the coyote I shot. Sorry 'bout the picture quality, it's from my cell phone camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Are we there yet?

Yea I shot one last week out duck hunting with my 12g. I couldn't beleive it. The dang thing kept coming closer even with my dog going crazy. I guess I should have taken a picture. People say this is the best time of year to hunt the dang things. I know that I have been seeing alot of them around, I just never have my gun when I see them.

At last check, San Juan County also has a bounty going. It's something like $25 a pop.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

The bounty on coyote killers is about $15 higher.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake