Thread: Trail Canyon 12-30-06

Trail Canyon 12-30-06

Went to FreezeFest with folks from "the other side" Great time in Trail. Only stuck once in the last narrows. Took four helmets to get me high enough to pass. whew. A couple of swims. Air temps a balmy 30 something degrees. And why do I do this??? It was AWESOME! Best canyon so far for me in the North Wash area. Enjoy the photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot

Is that you!?!?!?

How is my buddy Ram? I think he is the coolest! Even though he is on the "other side" of the force.

Nope. I'm the one behind the camera. That is the lovely Nancy to whom I owe a new helmet. See I sort of stepped on it when I was temporarily stuck and broke a piece off of it where a buckle attaches. Time to go to the gym. Ram is doing well. He did Sandthrax with my buddy Steve (Spiderman) the day we did Trail. Ram's son Aaron also did Sandthrax. I am sure the youngest to do that nasty canyon. The Ram clan are good eggs for sure. Judy was supposed to be there but as you know was snowed in.
    Life is Good

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Nope. I'm the one behind the camera. That is the lovely Nancy to whom I owe a new helmet. See I sort of stepped on it when I was temporarily stuck and broke a piece off of it where a buckle attaches. Time to go to the gym. Ram is doing well. He did Sandthrax with my buddy Steve (Spiderman) the day we did Trail. Ram's son Aaron also did Sandthrax. I am sure the youngest to do that nasty canyon. The Ram clan are good eggs for sure. Judy was supposed to be there but as you know was snowed in.

Dang..... another reason not to wear helmets! Men and Women look the same.

Are there any photos of you?

Kewlness!!! Nice report and whats with this "other side" talk? Cant we all just get along?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Kewlness!!! Nice report and whats with this "other side" talk? Cant we all just get along?
    We get along...... its just some like to follow rules and such and others don't I quit rules when I quit school in 8th grade.

I get along with both. That is why I post to both.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    We get along...... its just some like to follow rules and such and others don't I quit rules when I quit school in 8th grade.
    Rules??? what rules? I only have two rules in canyoneering. Don't die and play nice with others.
    Life is Good

I get along with both. That is why I post to both.
    Oh I see...we are talking about the yahoo-tards. Its a joke people...

Bogley BigShot
    Rules??? what rules? I only have two rules in canyoneering. Don't die and play nice with others.
    My kind of man!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

ICE!!!! I think he is really one to follow rules.

FWIW: I have now seen this section (in the pic) done without getting wet... the trick is to climb around on river right, near the old Moki steps (you did see the old moki steps didn't you?) and then make a small jump to the sand bar.

Mister Rules.... that's me

This is one of the few forums that has not banned or moderated me. That's why I like to hang my hat here.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Mister Rules.... that's me

This is one of the few forums that has not banned or moderated me. That's why I like to hang my hat here.

Yeah... I was joking

Woke you up quick

Nice pics, Trail is a good one. I'd put it second on my list in North Wash behind Shenanigans. Now you can watch the video I shot of Trail last year again. Video's are always better when you've actually done the canyon before:

http://video.google.com/videogvp/Tra...08803574182384

or if you don't have google video player, you can watch the crappy version:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...803574182384&q

PS I posted this on the canyons forum, but do you know what the plan was for the freezefesters tomorrow?

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    FWIW: I have now seen this section (in the pic) done without getting wet... the trick is to climb around on river right, near the old Moki steps (you did see the old moki steps didn't you?) and then make a small jump to the sand bar.
    I completely missed them. Just another reason to go back! Avoiding the water would have been nice but it was pretty wet in there. We still would have gone swimming two to four other times depending on your height.

One hint for those playing along. Full wet suit beats shorty in skinny canyons. I was warm enough in the shorty but the space between my knee pads and my wet suit and knee pads and neo socks got a bit shredded. Also, the long sleeves are essential to all the elevator moves required in that canyon. I did have neo elbow pads and long slaves. I threw out my long sleeve shirt and shorts after that canyon. Thank goodness for Kmart 9 buck pants.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Nice pics, Trail is a good one. I'd put it second on my list in North Wash behind Shenanigans. Now you can watch the video I shot of Trail last year again. Video's are always better when you've actually done the canyon before:

http://video.google.com/videogvp/Tra...08803574182384

or if you don't have google video player, you can watch the crappy version:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...803574182384&q

PS I posted this on the canyons forum, but do you know what the plan was for the freezefesters tomorrow?

Eric.
    I don't know the plans. Great video. You are correct that you really appreciate the video after having done the canyon. That narrow spot is where I was stuck until I could stand on some helmets to get elevation enought to get my hips past. I am off to the the gym before Shenanigans. Got to drop a few pounds to do that one.
    Life is Good