Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbit Hunting TR -- Video *Graphic Scenes*

They are usually infested with some nasty diseases too. . .YUCK!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I like to prepare them accordingly:

Hit them center mass with a well placed 45 grain hollow point 22-250.

Nothing to clean or dress and well tenderized and portioned for the coyotes.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    Quote Originally Posted by o.c.utah
    I am an active hunter

If you were a hunter you would know why we don't eat Jackrabbit. You need to take your anti hunting, vermin loving attitude back to the peta forum you came from!
    Hunting is way different than killing You are killing jack rabbits. I used to do the same when I was in high school but used a .222 to see some guts fly. Jack rabbits and cottontails are both good to eat in the winter time, hence the season. The worms they have are killed in cold weather. The fur can be used for tying flies to catch your summer trout. Fried and grilled, just like a elk steak is the best way to cook em.

No need to get defensive cause you like to kill furry critters for the fun of it. Accept it and have a cold beer afterwards and you will be like the rest of us rednecks.

I've eaten plenty of rabbit, not wild (that I know of) it probably came from a farm. Why is it that people don't eat Jacks?
    Cottontail rabbit is good eats, I eat nearly everyone I shoot. Great in a dutch oven with bbq sauce and taters.
    Jack rabbit is tough, stringy and strong. I have eaten them though rumors float that they carry disease. cottontail has a season and bag limit but none for jackrabbits since they are considered vermin/nuisances.

Sorry to be so brash in my first reply, you are not the first to come on a hunting forum and bash hunting. Your statement was textbook animal rights activist.

Quote Originally Posted by fireuseman
    No need to get defensive cause you like to kill furry critters for the fun of it. Accept it and have a cold beer afterwards and you will be like the rest of us rednecks.
    Count me in!

As fire previously stated, Jacks have worm and the like that are killed off every winter. My old man always tells me about how he was raised eating jacks and liked them. He said that if you soaked it in buttermilk first, it would tenderize the meat and then fried. Make gravy and home made mashed taters... Good stuff...

I haven't eaten any yet, though I will if I can manage to get one this winter. I've had cottontail and to be honest, I think I'd take a bowl of fresh rabbit stew over a big juicy venison steak any day. Stuff is so good it'll make you wanna slap yo mamma.

I Just sort of Tallied up all the Rabbit hunts out at this secret spot of mine. (Which you all get to gladly see through Sombeech's video) and for me alone in my life time which consists of probably 12 years of hunting. I figured my personal total of rabbit bagged is aproximately 550. Thats taking into consideration several years of going at least twice.
    As far as eating them go's I wouldn't touch this vermon with a 10' spoon but the farmers out there have been ever so grateful. As the exploding rabbit Numbers have been responsible for overturned haystacks, and rampent live stock disease. One of my first years out there. A farmer actually paid us a quarter for every rabbit tail we brought him. 300 tails did little more than pay for our gas and ammo but I didn't care.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Sorry to be so brash in my first reply, you are not the first to come on a hunting forum and bash hunting. Your statement was textbook animal rights activist.
    No offense, but you need to go back and study that textbook. Disagreeing over ethics and such is something hunters have been doing for a long, long time. Some hunters shun ATVs, hike miles in, stalk to within yards, and pack the meat out on their backs. Some people shoot hormone-spiked bulls behind high fences. Both are, arguably, hunting.
    A true patriot is always ready to defend his country against his government.

No offense, but you need to go back and study that textbook. Disagreeing over ethics and such is something hunters have been doing for a long, long time. Some hunters shun ATVs, hike miles in, stalk to within yards, and pack the meat out on their backs. Some people shoot hormone-spiked bulls behind high fences. Both are, arguably, hunting.
    Ok then I retract my previous apology. If you come to a public hunting forum you have to expect there will be all kinds of "hunting". If you are a hunter but think that hunting/killing bears, lions, mangy coyotes or even vermin just for fun, has crossed some sort of line and can't hold your yourself from bashing on hunters that post an excellent and well documented report of their trip, you need to avoid public hunting forums. All you will accomplish is to discourage people from posting reports that many of us love to see.

Jack rabbits up here are definitely vermin. Big as a coyote and mean...and up here they have antlers Really though, they breed like....well....rabbits, and cause much more problems than good. Cottontails are good eats and arent near as damaging when you hit the pack of 'em with your vehicle. Jacks will do body damage, not to mention that they are just mangey things. No permit required for jacks like you need for cottontails.
    ....hmmm, lets see...can you guess where MY sympathies lie?
    BTW, I agree with Fourtycal %100 on this one

Ok then I retract my previous apology. If you come to a public hunting forum you have to expect there will be all kinds of "hunting". If you are a hunter but think that hunting/killing bears, lions, mangy coyotes or even vermin just for fun, has crossed some sort of line and can't hold your yourself from bashing on hunters that post an excellent and well documented report of their trip, you need to avoid public hunting forums. All you will accomplish is to discourage people from posting reports that many of us love to see.
    Wow, .40 cal -- you get awfully defensive defending blood sport. I'm not some PETA motherf***er either, but like "o.c. utah" recognize a difference between real hunting and just engaging in killing for killing's sake. One activity has a purpose, the other is just masturbation. Getting yourself off just killing animals and leaving them to rot is morally reprehensible, and there are MANY of us in the hunting community that will call BS here. Blood sport wankers only serve to make traditional hunting indefensible -- and we don't need that.

Catch it? Eat it!

Y'all have a blessed day!
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

On cooking and eating bunnies: We eat them here in the South, but then we also eat squirrels. Real Brunswick stew contains squirrel meat. Both critters can contain some nasty parasites, so winter hunting and thorough cooking are a must.

We went through the Civil War, and learned to eat damn near anything since the Yankees (sorry JP) decided to burn or steal everything. One thing we'd never eat, though, is dog. We love our dogs almost as much as our kids.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

-- Wm Blake

I've had sharpei (sp?) and have to say it was pretty good. I didn't eat it knowingly, but if I was in that kind of a situation, I would eat a dog without problem. Looked like pork, tasted like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    One thing we'd never eat, though, is dog. We love our dogs almost as much as our kids.
    Good looking hound there Rev. Here is mine, almost fat enough
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm just glad my video keeps getting bumped into the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    One thing we'd never eat, though, is dog. We love our dogs almost as much as our kids.
    Good looking hound there Rev. Here is mine, almost fat enough :eat:
    That is an excellent looking dog!!!

My hound is fat
    so now I'll dine
    and eat up all
    this hound o' mine.

-- Wm Blake

I'll openly admit it, I have a blood lust and love to kill Jacks simply for the fun of killing small defenseless animals. It is especially humorous when you hit em just right and they flip and flop all over the place. I guess that makes me one sick "reprehensible" bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I'll openly admit it, I have a blood lust and love to kill Jacks simply for the fun of killing small defenseless animals. It is especially humorous when you hit em just right and they flip and flop all over the place. I guess that makes me one sick "reprehensible" bastard.
    Reed;

Your honesty is refreshing and commendable, but surely you're not a "bastard." It's great to see someone who enjoys this activity call it what it is and be unapologetic about the kicks they get from bunny blasting.

In the future, may I recommend the plinking of old television sets?

Rev. Coyote
    Asshat-in-Residence

-- Wm Blake

TV set are fun too, as well as campers (see tannerite thread). It doesn't matter what you shoot or blow up, someone somewhere will find something reprehensible about it and start bitching and moaning. The big carpet meister for one can't find the fun or humor in destruction fo inanimate objects. What do you do?

The big carpet meister for one can't find the fun or humor in destruction fo inanimate objects. What do you do?
    Welll, I will admit to one little sick thrill:

--Roofing nails
    --Illegal ATV trail
    --Fat kid on ATV

-- Wm Blake

TV set are fun too, as well as campers (see tannerite thread). It doesn't matter what you shoot or blow up, someone somewhere will find something reprehensible about it and start bitching and moaning. The big carpet meister for one can't find the fun or humor in destruction fo inanimate objects. What do you do?
    Cum nah queefus, don't gone missruprasent me. I neer sed it wuddn't FUN. I think we all shud cleen up dem messes, thas all.

Sum times i like to blew me sum shit up two. Like, when I see dem big plains flying in da skie, I just wish me owned a rockit lawncher so I could blast that big ass vessul strate outa da sky. That'd be awsume i think.