Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbit Hunting TR -- Video *Graphic Scenes*

The laughs keep coming.

On the Huntingnet.com forum, I posted the link to this video about the same time as uutah. Of course, you'll get all kinds of people bashing back and forth on different issues, such as: My shooting skills, and if we left the rabbits there or not.

So anyways, some dude named Predator26 says "your a d**chebag". I correct him and say it's "you're" not "your". Here's his response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator26
    hahaa you ****ing retard, your post has nothing to do with this thread and you only have 13 posts you don't know ****.
    My response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    This may have been the funniest thing I've read all day. I STARTED THE THREAD, YOU IDIOT!!!!
    See it here, on PAGE 6:
    http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...898658&mpage=6

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The laughs keep coming.

On the Huntingnet.com forum, I posted the link to this video about the same time as uutah. Of course, you'll get all kinds of people bashing back and forth on different issues, such as: My shooting skills, and if we left the rabbits there or not.

So anyways, some dude named Predator26 says "your a d**chebag". I correct him and say it's "you're" not "your". Here's his response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator26
    hahaa you ****ing retard, your post has nothing to do with this thread and you only have 13 posts you don't know ****.
    My response:
    This may have been the funniest thing I've read all day. I STARTED THE THREAD, YOU IDIOT!!!!
    See it here, on PAGE 6:
    http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...898658&mpage=6

That thread is hilarious

I gotta say man.....GREAT VIDEO!

Someone on the site I usually hang out at found the video and posted a link to it (and no, it wasn't the Huntingnet forums).

I know what you mean about the Huntingnet forums! My state site resembles that one a lot by the amount of bickering back and forth. And that's why I don't go there anymore!!!

Again, great video! Keep'em coming!
    The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Quote Originally Posted by Big58cal
    Someone on the site I usually hang out at found the video and posted a link to it (and no, it wasn't the Huntingnet forums).
    Sweet, what site was it? Welcome to the forum, by the way.

http://www.gutpilestyle.com/

Cool. What section was it under?

Cool. What section was it under?
    http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ForumSMF...p?topic=5844.0

It's in the squirrel hunting section. The topic is Somebody KILL some squirrels, on the second page of the thread.

The rabbit hunt video is re linked.

I have to re edit the fork cam one though.

Cool video setup.

How do those things taste? What's the best way to clean & prepare them?
    A true patriot is always ready to defend his country against his government.

Quote Originally Posted by o.c.utah
    How do those things taste? What's the best way to clean & prepare them?
    According to the Coyotes, they taste pretty good.

These were all jackrabbits, not cottontails. I believe cottontails have regulations on seasons/limits, but I'm not sure what they are.

We did see one cottontail out there, but he survived that day.

Did you just leave them where they dropped? If you did, I think that is pretty f****d up. I know people do this all the time, but seems like a waste of life for some target practice. Yeah, there are way too many rabbits around and they are a nuisance, but if people would stop shooting all the damn coyotes, that problem would also resolve itself.

I am an active hunter, but I was always taught not to stop a heart unless there was a compelling reason. Maybe bunnie snuff films are a compelling reason.

I am an active hunter

If you were a hunter you would know why we don't eat Jackrabbit. You need to take your anti hunting, vermin loving attitude back to the peta forum you came from!

Jackrabbits are vermin. I haven't hunted as much as I used to, but it's all relative.

I don't feel bad when I kill a mouse in a mousetrap, and most people don't. But if the mouse was shot with a gun, that's when people get upset.

If we stopped shooting jackrabbits, Fish n' Game would actually put out extermination orders to regulate the population.

I know it's all opinion, but within this hunting forum, we just have to accept that things will be killed.

I'm not going to spend the time to find it but wasn't it just last year that the DWR or Fish and Game were BEGGING people to go shoot the jackrabbits?
    Hey, I'll help!
    Are we there yet?

You're right, it's all relative. But you don't often see people gear up for, film, and publicize their actions when they exterminate rodents.

Jackrabbits have natural predators, but people insist on killing them for sport as well.

I won't say I don't hunt for sport. I love to see a bird flush from a well trained dog, and fall to a well placed shot. This is good sport, and an fun way to put food on the table. So is putting the stalk on a big ungulate.

And I am happy to accept that things will be killed. I am a meat eater, and have no problem taking a life, provided there is some compelling reason.

But as a wise man once wrote, "Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."

Take care, and hunt safe.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    I am an active hunter

If you were a hunter you would know why we don't eat Jackrabbit. You need to take your anti hunting, vermin loving attitude back to the peta forum you came from!
    Please. I have nothing to prove to you, except that not all hunters think or act alike. I am in no way anti-hunting. I support several hunting/conservation organizations, and try to make it into the field a few days during Chukar season, a couple cast and blast trips for trout, chukar and ducks on the Green River, and if I get a permit this year you can bet your ass I'll be eating deep fried turkey on the River this spring. Cow elk in the fall (better meat than the bulls.)

It's the rabid anti-predator folks that piss me off, folks like Don Pay Me & SFW. But I still like them better than Peta.

Let me add this - I see there are over 10,000 views of this thread. So, likely I am in the extreme minority on this. I am not trying to shame anyone, and I am not just trying to stir the pot. This started with an honest (albeit ignorant) question about how to prepare a rabbit. Having never hunted rabbits, I didn't know people didn't eat the jacks. Nasty taste? Bad microbes? That would be my guess.

Anyways, just adding my point of view. Take it for what it's worth.

Having never hunted rabbits, I didn't know people didn't eat the jacks. Nasty taste? Bad microbes? That would be my guess.
    No problem.

I've never eaten them either (knowingly)

But I've heard the best way to cook one is this:

Skin it, put it in a pot along with an old shoe. Season to taste. When cooked, throw away the rabbit. Bon Appetit!

I've eaten plenty of rabbit, not wild (that I know of) it probably came from a farm. Why is it that people don't eat Jacks?

I've heard the meat is really tough, and there's usually not much on the bone anyways.