Thread: Bearclaw Poppy and Gooseberry

Bearclaw Poppy and Gooseberry

Went to St. George this week to ride. Brrrrrrrrrr. :-) My friend Jody came out from MI, and I met here down south at a mutual friend's to do some riding. Great trails! I havent done them before. It was a chilly 40 and rainy on Bearclaw/Stucky Springs, and a cool 38 on Gooseberry Mesa! We only got 2 rides in, here are a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

two of my favorite trails down there! When we did our rides last feb there Fourtycal and I had to stop at Big 5 sporting goods to get some more cold weather gear - snowed on guacamole trail - but the riding was awesome as usual on Gooseberry - our pics are way back in the index for February if you want to check em out

Cool, you finally made it to Gooseberry!! What did you think? Which route did you take?

Sounds like a fun but chilly weekend. Cool pics!

I am starting to itch a bit to get down that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker
    Cool, you finally made it to Gooseberry!! What did you think? Which route did you take?

Sounds like a fun but chilly weekend. Cool pics!
    Weeeeeeeeellllll..... we did the South Rim Trail to the point. It took a while because the riding was hard (black diamond route) for Jody and me, a lot of man-handling up the rock and technical riding. It was OK, but we need practice at it. We started late, and by the time we got to the end, it was after 4 so we took an easy way back, not sure what way that was. I look forward to riding it again and hitting the North side first.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Re: Bearclaw Poppy and Gooseberry

Awesome pics Karen. I can't imagine it being cold there...its always been at least 90 every time I've been there.

There are some nice shots there. Thanks! We're envious.

I think it's so cool that I now live in a state where I can be skiing at 10,000 feet one day and the next be in mountain biking temps riding! Pretty sweet! I cant wait to get down there again.

Im with Acca, I am ITCHING to get down there again! but with my work I wont be able to plan for anything until after March.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I think it's so cool that I now live in a state where I can be skiing at 10,000 feet one day and the next be in mountain biking temps riding! Pretty sweet! I cant wait to get down there again.
    Ahh, the great state of Utah. There are few places like it.

Im thinking about heading down to ride gooseberry soon, maybee on the weekend of the 13th? Any thoughts on that. Also in that general region is it legal to rabbit hunt? There were rabbits crawling all over the place!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Also in that general region is it legal to rabbit hunt? There were rabbits crawling all over the place!
    We were thinking the same thing the last time we were out there. You'd probably be in the range of bikers though.

I was thinking further down the road, not taking the turnoff to goosberry and continuing down that road. On my first visit we missed the turnoff and went down that road another 6-7 miles and there were areas that you could camp, and many spots where you could shoot and not be in range of anyone. Around the mesa it would be impossible; however, down the road would be awesome..... if it is legal.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Around the mesa it would be impossible; however, down the road would be awesome..... if it is legal.
    I'm sure it is. Just keep out of private property.

quality pictures.

looks like a good time.
    gears and suspension are for old men and girls.