Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wasatch Crest
    Mueller Park (from North Canyon)

...and, I'm out. I don't do much riding in SLC.

Hi Tucker!

I would say, Crest Trail, (which you've done), The whole Mid-mountain (which you've done part), Round Mountain & Prospector (easy but really fun - in Park City), Trail 57 around Timp (I think that's the name of it, there are a bunch up there that are awesome), Tour de Suds (in Park City), Solitude (short but sweet), and I hear there are some great trails out near Vernal - Tammy and Ian rode out there this summer and said it was really fun. Mueller Park is fun, too, but do it in a loop not out and back, and never on a weekend.

Rich has tied together some really great, long rides from SLC to PC and around, he could show you some super fun stuff, too.

Peace!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Another related post: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2566

My top 3 within and hour. Hmmm...so hard.

1. The Crest

2. Tibble Fork via Pine Hollow Loop or "157"

There could be several listed at 3.

3. I would agree on Solitude, don't miss it. Several in Park City too. You can actually hook up with these from the Crest.

I'm a huge fan of the Bonneville Shoreline trail in Ogden. I could ride that every time. It's got decent views, and it's a simple out and back, climb and descend. It crosses 2 decent sized streams, and it's very easy to get to.

my 5 favorite salt lake valley trails

1 - Crest
    2 - Yellow Fork
    3 - Solitude
    4 - Dog Lake
    5 - Little cottonwood(quarry trail)

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    my 5 favorite salt lake valley trails

1 - Crest
    2 - Yellow Fork
    3 - Solitude
    4 - Dog Lake
    5 - Little cottonwood(quarry trail)
    I have to agree with you on these...even it that order!

Is Yellow Fork down near Herriman, over there somewhere? I think I rode there once....
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Is Yellow Fork down near Herriman, over there somewhere? I think I rode there once....
    yeah - I have only ridden it once too - with Acca & Fourtycal...a cool little trail! The downhill section is fast and tight, winding through the brush and trees...and it flows SO well! I rode it on my downhill rig just because I wanted to BOMB the downhill but I was killing myself on the climb up - the dowhil was worth it though! I could get to it again to ride but I'd have a hard time explaining to someone just what roads to take to get there...Fourtycal has ridden it alot -

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Fourtycal has ridden it a lot -
    Don't call your Mom it that is just rude!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow fork is a good trail if you don't mind avoiding and breathing the sweet odor and aroma of horse leftovers! That and in the summer it gets pretty darn dusty.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Quote Originally Posted by PunchKing
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Fourtycal has ridden it a lot -
    Don't call your Mom it that is just rude!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow fork is a good trail if you don't mind avoiding and breathing the sweet odor and aroma of horse leftovers! That and in the summer it gets pretty darn dusty.
    'Momma' is gonna ride circles around you BOY ..and we never ride in the back to EAT the dust!

If you don't mind the drive to Ogden, the thing i have found about he trails in the Ogden area are they are a lot less crowded the the ones around SLC. One short but fun trail is the "Mormon trail" which is just east of SLC. In the Ogden area, there are lots of trails, my favorites are,
    1. skyline north
    2. wheeler canyon to art nord by way of ice box, to needles to green pond and back to wheeler (up by snow basin)
    3. Bonneville trial
    4. any of the trails at snow basin
    5. sky line from north Ogden divide to Ogden canyon.
    if you are interested i can get you more details or just let me know when you are going to be in town, would love to show you a few of these trails.
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

Quote Originally Posted by chromehead58
    If you don't mind the drive to Ogden, the thing i have found about he trails in the Ogden area are they are a lot less crowded the the ones around SLC. One short but fun trail is the "Mormon trail" which is just east of SLC. In the Ogden area, there are lots of trails, my favorites are,
    1. skyline north
    2. wheeler canyon to art nord by way of ice box, to needles to green pond and back to wheeler (up by snow basin)
    3. Bonneville trial
    if you are interested i can get you more details or just let me know when you are going to be in town, would love to show you a few of these trails.
    Im up for any riding you all want to line up - this spring/summer looks like Ill be spending more time in Utah

Re: Top 5 Trails around SLC?

Quote Originally Posted by chromehead58
    1. skyline north
    3. Bonneville trial
    That pretty much sums up my fav's also. I frequent these trails a ton in the warm months, Chrmomeheade we need to get out for a ride sometime since I am usually solo when I hit these rides! Also I want to camp out on Ben Lomond this year with the bike.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

hey greyhair...just let me know when you are around and want to go, i can show all the trails here in the ogden area..

That pretty much sums up my fav's also. I frequent these trails a ton in the warm months, Chrmomeheade we need to get out for a ride sometime since I am usually solo when I hit these rides! Also I want to camp out on Ben Lomond this year with the bike.

that sums up my summer...so lets plan on a few rides this coming summer.

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    hey greyhair, if you come give me a call, give you the two cent tour of the shop.

ogd
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore