View Poll Results: What's your opinion of the entry page?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get rid of it

11 40.74%
  • Keep it

16 59.26%

Thread: Intro Page -- Dump it?

Intro Page -- Dump it?

Here it is, let's hear the voice of the people.

This is the intro page that was just added, showing you a random picture before you click into the forum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's pretty cool, I just don't like it a whole lot. I said get rid of it.

keep it but move it... dont force it on people as the start page for the site.

Make a "random picture" link near the log in/log ou. That way if you dont like it.... dont click it.

Bogley BigShot
    I vote a strong get rid of it!!!!!!

1. The idea is to get people to your site. Webmasters know this new page will hurt that attempt.
    2. Next is to get them to participate. You want people to read threads that have the photos, not just spend time going through them and many will now never even get to the site.
    3. Those with slow dial up will never get past the first page.
    4. Those with fast dial up and no patience don't want to see an entry page. I leave most sites that throw that at me even though my connection is really fast!
    5. There are more reasons but can't think of them right now

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    keep it but move it... dont force it on people as the start page for the site.
    I have no problem with this suggestion.... I just don't want to be forced where I don't want to go....

I agree it is pretty cool.... and I'm sure it took a lot of time and effert to intergrate into the system....

but it's still a pain in the butt..

Dump it... move it.... whatever... but don't force it.

90% of our users are on a high speed connection.

Maybe registered users could skip it but the visitors would see it
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

If it ever includes pictures of nude dudes in hot springs then NO!

Otherwise, I like bigger pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    Maybe registered users could skip it but the visitors would see it
    You can just set your bookmark to http://uutah.com/forum/index.php and this gets you past it. Only when you go to www.uutah.com you will see it.

So basically, everybody who has bookmarked the forum probably did it once they were in the main page, before the intro page was made. So, your bookmarks shouldn't take you there.

I kinda like it, but I never go to the homepage. I always go to the index, so I probably would never see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    I kinda like it, but I never go to the homepage. I always go to the index, so I probably would never see it.
    Thanks Heather. Feedback is definitely a good thing and one of the most important things that I learned in school.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    one of the most important things that I learned in school.
    The most important thing I learned in school was how to hit back

Maybe if there was a slideshow link at the top of the page? I think I would dig seeing a large random pic every now and then. I might be completely blind, but I don't really see a link back to the home page from the forum index anywhere. :)

Maybe if there was a slideshow link at the top of the page? I think I would dig seeing a large random pic every now and then. I might be completely blind, but I don't really see a link back to the home page from the forum index anywhere. :)
    Wow!! An open minded user this morning? What, huh? The uutah.com logo at the top was going back to the main index (slideshow www.uutah.com). I had to switch it back after the fallout. Humans do resist change...its our nature and thats what were dealing with here. Nothing new for me. I'll have to re-evaluate after some more feedback and perhaps add a link. We'll see...

[The uutah.com logo at the top was going back to the main index (slideshow www.uutah.com). I had to switch it back after the fallout
    I think that's going to work better for both sides.

Wow!! An open minded user this morning? What, huh? The uutah.com logo at the top was going back to the main index (slideshow www.uutah.com). I had to switch it back after the fallout. Humans do resist change...its our nature and thats what were dealing with here. Nothing new for me. I'll have to re-evaluate after some more feedback and perhaps add a link. We'll see...
    Ahh, so the logo was going to the homepage, but you switched it? I think it would make more sense to have it go to the homepage, since you are probably already in the index if you're clicking on it.

I'm always open minded.

Ahh, so the logo was going to the homepage, but you switched it? I think it would make more sense to have it go to the homepage, since you are probably already in the index if you're clicking on it.

I'm always open minded.
    Yeah, me too.