Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your Photographic setup?

What is your Photographic setup?

I've enjoyed seeing the great pictures on this site. In fact, I think they are likely the best part.

So my question is to each of you:

What photographic gear do you take with you when you head out into the uutah wilderness?

For me, up to this point I have been using a 2.1 mp Kodak with absolutely NO frills. Surprisingly it has taken very good pictures. However, Santa is bringing me a new Canon Powershot Elph SD 800. It has many more options and is much smaller. I can't wait to get out and use it.

I would like to someday use a dslr but that will have to come later.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot

Re: What is your Photographic setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    I've enjoyed seeing the great pictures on this site. In fact, I think they are likely the best part.

What photographic gear do you take with you when you head out into the uutah wilderness?

For me, up to this point I have been using a 2.1 mp Kodak with absolutely NO frills. Surprisingly it has taken very good pictures. However, Santa is bringing me a new Canon Powershot Elph SD 800. It has many more options and is much smaller. I can't wait to get out and use it.

Just my HEAVY 8megapixel Olympus

Any tripods? Any filters?

How much do you fiddle with the settings on your camera?

Do you bracket exposures? f-stops? etc. etc.?
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Bogley BigShot
    Any tripods? Any filters?

How much do you fiddle with the settings on your camera?

Do you bracket exposures? f-stops? etc. etc.?

Nothing and my camera is on auto

I do have one secret.... I set the ....whats that little button callled... anyway I set it and in a slot turn on the flash.

Before the day of digitals I did it all. I used an old Olympus.. where I has to set everything manual. I LOVED it! I even developed my own stuff and did enlargements. I want to do that again!

I use an old Olympus and a 2meg Panasonic...didnt pay a dime for either one...both safety awards from work...talk about CHEAP!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    http://richardbarron.net/equipment/

-R

Dang Man! Can you sum that up in one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Here, this should sum it up nicely.

Bogley BigShot
    I love it.

I have a sony camera but my dry bag didn't work on a kayaking trip this summer. My friend came in town from Seattle and we went down to Southern Utah. I borrowed my brother's camera and 20 mins. in to being in Zion I killed it walking in to the river. I then realized that I could not be trusted with a camera that wasn't waterproof and bought a waterproof camera. My camera is the Olympus 720sw. It's waterproof and shockproof.

Here is the clip of me killing thecamera:
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

My new favorite is my Canon 5D DSLR, 12.8 MP. I jumped in with both feet and bought alot of glass, too. The only problem is that it's pretty bulky when scrambling.

I also have an Olympus 5MP, C5050, that I really like and that just fits in the pockets on my vest or jacket. I, also, have an older SD200 Elph.

Brewhaha, you're going to love that SD800. The Elphs are just the perfect size to have with you all the time. Better get a larger card, right away!

Merry Christmas,
    Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Udink

I love this shot of me, since it makes me look like I carry a lot more gear than I routinely do. I had actually gotten it all together to take it inside, since I don't like to leave it in the car overnight. Abby shot this photo of me in the spring of 2003, before we were married or even engaged.

If I were starting from scratch today, I would be inclined to say that the hiking/canyoneering camera would be the Nikon D80 with the 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom-Nikkor. Maybe a 10.5mm in a pocket somewhere for really tight slots.

-R

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Udink

I LOVE It

You and Abby are not only magnificent photographers ..... but you are MASTERS! That's a bunch of gear to know how to use right. KUDOS!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Win
    My new favorite is my Canon 5D DSLR, 12.8 MP. I jumped in with both feet and bought alot of glass, too. The only problem is that it's pretty bulky when scrambling.

I also have an Olympus 5MP, C5050, that I really like and that just fits in the pockets on my vest or jacket. I, also, have an older SD200 Elph.

Brewhaha, you're going to love that SD800. The Elphs are just the perfect size to have with you all the time. Better get a larger card, right away!

Merry Christmas,
    Win

Your photos show it! Another man that knows how to use his gear!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    I have a sony camera but my dry bag didn't work on a kayaking trip this summer. My friend came in town from Seattle and we went down to Southern Utah. I borrowed my brother's camera and 20 mins. in to being in Zion I killed it walking in to the river. I then realized that I could not be trusted with a camera that wasn't waterproof and bought a waterproof camera. My camera is the Olympus 720sw. It's waterproof and shockproof.

That is exactly the camera I would have guessed you have. You are the kind of guy a woman marries and she stays happy forever. Just like that camera.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I use an old Olympus and a 2meg Panasonic...didnt pay a dime for either one...both safety awards from work...talk about CHEAP!
    It seems to work well at the bike shows.

Bogley BigShot

Re: What is your Photographic setup?

Looking forward to those shots! I am surprised you have such goods ones with a little 2 mp camera too. Most of us rarely use the full mp. Shane taught me to start using my at full 8mp. It shows too.

I use a Canon Powershot, older model, the A510. I love it. Simple and cheap. It's the only digital camera I've had.

I also take my helmetcam and camcorder wherever I can, still hoping to get good crash footage.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers

You don't have the camera in your pocket, do you?
    ouch, that sucks.

I forget the model number but its and Olympus 7.1mp