Thread: Best Buy reports $43M Profit from 'unused' Gift Cards

Best Buy reports $43M Profit from 'unused' Gift Cards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That just shows the GREAT LENGTHS some people will go, just to NOT buy anything there.

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY!
    That place will sell you a warranty and not stand behind it. It is an absolute joke.

I hate gift cards. If somebody doesn't know what to get me they don't know me well enough to be buying my gifts. I don't care if you're my mom. If you don't know what to get me don't get me anything. I promise I won't be angry. Disappointed perhaps, but not angry. And don't get me a gift card. I won't remember to use it. I'll be at the cash register paying with my debit card and think "Oh crap. I have a stupid crapy gift card sitting at home that I could've used."
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

I only do gift cards for my immediate family. Actually everyone agreed to skip Christmas this year so that's a relief...

Why I do gift cards?

1) Because I HATE shopping, period
    2) I don't have a clue what my family likes or their clothing sizes
    3) I'm not about to fly 1500 miles with packages for 5 people in my suitcase.
    4) They would probably be going to the store anyway to exchange/return what I would have gotten them, it's all the same number of trips to the store actually.

No siree, I fly with one carry-on ONLY. I don't care if I'm staying 2 weeks or 2 days.

...could be worse...could have gotten a $50 gift card from Golden Corral...from your mom...like I did again this year...like I have for the last three years. NOTE TO SELF: if you dont like Golden Corral, have the cahones to tell someone

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    ...could be worse...could have gotten a $50 gift card from Golden Corral...from your mom...like I did again this year...like I have for the last three years. NOTE TO SELF: if you dont like Golden Corral, have the cahones to tell someone
    I guess the next UUTAH meeting won't be held at the great GC

Somebody wants their son to take them to Golden Corral. I get your point though. Who wants to eat at a restaurant that's named for a place where horses pooh.

Last year I got a ton load of Home Depot gift cards. I eventually used the cards (for a change from my usual routine) but I was out of tool buying mode and into toy buying mode by Christmas. An REI gift card would've been much better at that point. I had to keep the cards in my car so that I would use them. I still had to go back to my car to get them. Pain in the butt.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Golden Corral GC! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY!
    That place will sell you a warranty and not stand behind it. It is an absolute joke.
    I couldn't agree more, they have the worst customer service/policies/warranties in the consumer electronics industry, yet they stay in business, it amazes me that folks still shop there.

Best Buy gets ZERO of my dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    Golden Corral GC! LOL!
    ...golden corral is out if anyone wants me to go
    Golden Corral it is, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    Golden Corral GC! LOL!
    ...golden corral is out if anyone wants me to go
    Golden Corral it is, then.
    Hahaha - yu velly funny fellow, yu maka me raf -heehee

whats wrong with the GC, I have been to the one in orem a few times and its not bad at all.

I say the next lunch is at McDonalds.