Thread: Let's hook up on the slopes - nightskiing

Let's hook up on the slopes - nightskiing

I live in Ogden, but work in SLC. Let's get together on the slopes after work during the week.

Where's the best place around for night skiing? (I'll be snowboarding) How much $$$?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Let's hook up on the slopes - nightskiing

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I live in Ogden, but work in SLC. Let's get together on the slopes after work during the week.

Where's the best place around for night skiing? (I'll be snowboarding) How much $$$?
    Brighton is the best, they have quite a few more night runs than any other SLC resort I know of and many terrain park features (including the halfpipe) are lit. There are a few days you can get 2 for 1 deals. If you get a combo meal from Arctic Circle (I think they still do this) you get a 2 for 1 for Wednesday nights. If you have an x96 freeloader card you get 2 for 1 on Fridays. If you take two Pearsons nut roll wrappers on any night you get $10 off, which is just $5 more than 2 for 1. Looks like it's $30 for a night pass, but on a 2 for 1 night it would only be $15. I have a pass to Brighton so if you go up on a night I don't work I'd be down to meet up with ya'all.

Re: Let's hook up on the slopes - nightskiing

Brighton 2 for one friday nights, let me know and I will head down with ya, or if you want to meet at Powder I think it is $17 for night. Let me know I am itchin to go..

Brighton is great. The 2 for 1 nights suck though. It is worth full price to me to avoid all the crowds. You get in a lot more boarding when you don't have to freeze in the lines.
    Let's Roll

Last year you could buy discount Brighton night passes at Harmons. It was nice to go on a not so busy night.
    I'll check next time I am at harmons to see if they are doing it again.
    How about the 21st?

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    How about the 21st?
    Thursday? I may be able to pull that one off. Do they rent Snowboards up there?

Yes, they have snowboard rentals (brighton 532-4731)

Discount lift passes for nights are $21.00 at harmons grocery or sports authority.

did you guys end up going?

It's tonight, but I think I'm gonna bail. I forgot about the Bowl game tonight at a friend's house (on a 62"), plus, we'll play some halo afterwards.

It was awesome! Just me and my son Derek. There were no lines at all, we made 8 runs in 2.5 hours. A few exposed rocks and tree stumps but good overall.
    Lets do it again very soon!

Yah I forgot about the BYU game that I wanted to watch. I had it all planned to go...we need to get something going after the holidays.

OK, I'm hearing snow is crappy this week, so let's make a date for next week.

I like the Brighton idea.

OK, I'm hearing snow is crappy this week, so let's make a date for next week.

I like the Brighton idea.
    dood, look outside

yeah, I'm starting to think Friday may be swell.

Just remember, if you go Friday (tomorrow) the high is predicted to be 11 and the low 2, so basically it is going to be really cold. GO PREPARED I've had a night pass the last few years and when it's in the 20's, it's really nice, but single digits is COLD, especially if the wind is blowing on the ridge! I work tomorrow so no go for me, plus I've been up there on enough single digit nights to have had my fill... I usually wait for it to at least get in the teens.

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Just remember, if you go Friday (tomorrow) the high is predicted to be 11 and the low 2, so basically it is going to be really cold.
    crap