Thread: Most Dangerous Roads in the World (w/ Many Pictures)

Most Dangerous Roads in the World (w/ Many Pictures)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh man, that's awesome! My wife served an LDS mission in China (Taiwan) and she is always bugging me to go there, and now I really want to. That hiked looked awesome. It is like a 3rd world version of Angel's Landing. I really want to do that hike now.

"My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

92 up to sundance was pretty crazy today. the wind was blowing so hard you could not see he road in provo canyon.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Oh man, that's awesome! My wife served an LDS mission in China (Taiwan) and she is always bugging me to go there, and now I really want to. That hiked looked awesome. It is like a 3rd world version of Angel's Landing. I really want to do that hike now.

this ones kinda tame compared to the first ones but the road to Hana on Maui 'the Hana Highway' is 52 miles long , has 56 one lane bridges and 617curves! Hard to stop and get a picture cause youre trying to stay on the road. We rented a Ford Mustang 5.0 convertible and made this an awesome drive!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This was an interesting ride through Guatemala. I've had worse, but i don't have a ton of pics.

It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    This was an interesting ride through Guatemala. I've had worse, but i don't have a ton of pics.

That's actually really tame for third world. In Ecuador, I took a bus from Chone down the coast to Salinas - it follows the coastline for the most part. In areas, it would traverse the side of a very steep and thickly vegetated mountainside - one lane wide, and on hard packed mud - no pavement, no guard-rails. If another vehicle approached in the opposite direction, it would have to back up to a make-shift turnoff on the shoulder somewhere. The drop-off from the shoulder of the road looked to be around several hundred feet. That was probably the scariest ride of my life! Weird how they consider it normal! I wonder how many people have plunged to their deaths on that road?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

That's actually really tame for third world.
    Yes, and as you point out the Andes are known for bad roads. Perhaps the worse in the world. The only ones that I've seen compare are the ones in the mountains of Nepal and India. Some of the Nepali roads are bad and in India there were elepants dragging and pushing vehicles accross the river because they couldn't make it under their own power.

Some roads in Africa are pretty bad as well. We got stuck several times and had to get out and push and dig out the vehicle. Not so comforting when you just saw a pride of lions a few minutes prior.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Can I just say that I can't get that Chinese Hike out of my mind? It sounds awesome!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    this ones kinda tame compared to the first ones but the road to Hana on Maui 'the Hana Highway' is 52 miles long , has 56 one lane bridges and 617curves! Hard to stop and get a picture cause youre trying to stay on the road. We rented a Ford Mustang 5.0 convertible and made this an awesome drive!
    I fell victim and rear ended a local. (BTW, this is one reason I clicked on the doofus thread).

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I fell victim and rear ended a local. (BTW, this is one reason I clicked on the doofus thread).
    We got stuck in Hana about 5pm and was heading back in 'rushhour'traffic...the locals were driving so fast that we had to keep up just to avoid getting hit...what a BALL! Never had so much fun driving anywhere!