Thread: A video request

A video request

We do have a forum for videos. The general forum is getting hard to sift through.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: A video request

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    We do have a forum for videos. The general forum is getting hard to sift through.
    You've got a point. How does everybody else feel? We've got that Misc Videos section, is this sufficient for the videos?

Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

I was thinking that too. I'm guilty! Maybe unless its the Pam & Tommy vid.

Sombeech could move them and don't leave a shadow topic.

The problem is that the Misc Video page is way, way down the list, whereas General Discussion is at the top, which makes it much easier to post in GD. I don't know how to solve it, really. Maybe if Uutah was shaped like Utah!

Would it be easy to move it to the top section with General, Newbies and About UUTAH? It seems like a good place for it.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    The problem is that the Misc Video page is way, way down the list, whereas General Discussion is at the top, which makes it much easier to post in GD. I don't know how to solve it, really. Maybe if Uutah was shaped like Utah!
    I know what you mean. I think I'm developing some sort of arthritis from reaching my finger all they way from the mouse button to the scroll wheel ten times a day. Last thing I need is another page that I have to scroll. Ouch! and that pulling motion.

Maybe it could be put up higher in the list or something. It's just an eye-dea.

Price
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    Would it be easy to move it to the top section with General, Newbies and About UUTAH? It seems like a good place for it.
    I kinda like that idea. We'd have to be in the understanding that it's "General" videos, ones that don't fit in the other forums.

Some people come here to browse ONLY mountain biking, and will never go to any other section like General Discussion, or a Video section.

If we move it, I think it would be nice in that top section, and we'd have to specify that it's either funny videos, or videos that don't fit in the existing forum topics.

I'm NOT a big fan of creating more categories. I would like to see the video section dumped completely and all misc videos placed in general..... after all.... isn't the general section for catching that which does not fit elsewhere?

Hmmmm yeah the videos do create comments and conversation? I guess its a personal preference?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Hmmmm yeah the videos do create comments and conversation? I guess its a personal preference?

I think its a generation gap

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I'm NOT a big fan of creating more categories.
    Well, we're just thinking of moving the video section from the bottom, up to the top somewhere. Maybe a new label/description, specifying only videos that don't fit in the other topics.

And to comment on Price's original comment of scrolling through the new topics; when uutah gets bigger (it's well on it's way), we'll constantly be seeing the first page of the General Discussion forum all marked with the red dots. One day, we may have to go to the 2nd page to catch up, only if we leave the forum for a day or two.

Re: A video request

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Granted. Check it out.

I'm currently sorting through the general discussion forum, and moving the video threads to our new forum General Video (This is only the Misc Videos forum, just renamed and moved.)

So, if you're bewildered on where your latest thread is, check the General Videos forum if the video was the main topic.

Thanks.