Thread: Snowmobile helmetcam video

Snowmobile helmetcam video

Eastern Utah 2005. I'd love to get my uncle to start shooting vids like this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I looked into cams, they are around 350 for 520 lines. I am going to get a new hd cam and that takes it back down to the lowers res. Still looking for one that is HD, but I bet it goes for a pretty penny if it is even available.

Quote Originally Posted by sBowers
    I looked into cams, they are around 350 for 520 lines. I am going to get a new hd cam and that takes it back down to the lowers res. Still looking for one that is HD, but I bet it goes for a pretty penny if it is even available.
    Mine is the 480 lines model from www.helmetcamera.com. I'm very satisfied with it. It's 259.00 right now.

It's great for playback on television, and most of the time I'm just putting the footage on the internet anyways. YouTube.com puts it down around 320 X 240 anyways, so I think the extra money for the higher resolution may be wasted. (That is, if you're going to share it on the internet.) I say that, because I can't even get my family & friends to watch the DVDs I make for TV ....so, my audience is the internet.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    It's great for playback on television, and most of the time I'm just putting the footage on the internet anyways. YouTube.com puts it down around 320 X 240 anyways, so I think the extra money for the higher resolution may be wasted. (That is, if you're going to share it on the internet.) I say that, because I can't even get my family & friends to watch the DVDs I make for TV ....so, my audience is the internet.
    That will change soon as Porter grows!