Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Hit List

2007 Hit List

December is the perfect time of year to do some E-canyoneering.

So..... anyone want to mention a canyon that is at or near the top of their current hit list? I'm putting White Roost at the top of my list. I've been heading down to do it several times but I always get side tracked into doing something else. I figure that 2007 will be the year for White Roost.

Just curious what others are aspiring to next year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

hmmm ... aspire to?

i'd have to say shenanigans, stemming over the 4th narrows, as my chest will likely not fit.

White Roost is a goodie!

2007's list looks similar to my list for 2006, 2005, 2004, etc...

1. More stuff in Zion, particularly Heaps
    2. Neon
    3. Choprock
    4. Deer Creek
    5. Lomatium
    6. Lost Spring Canyon
    7. Alcatraz
    8. Upper Black Box
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

1. I have been wanting to do Scotts beta on the Gem Canyon complex for awhile. That will probably be at the top this April or May provide I can get someone else to do it with me. Anyone put a second thought into this one? Shaggy, I KNOW you ain't scared
    2. Zions is still new to me. Gotta get Heaps, Imlay, Kolob done.
    3. Winter canyons will probably be out in the roost. Maybe Alcatraz and White Roost. I wanted to do Mindbender, but heard it is a bore. Any comments??? NMB is good, but been there done that.
    4. The mystery of a few Lake Powell slots intrigues me also, but I will probably have to chum Benny into going and providing beta.
    5. Never done any Moab canyons. Are they worth the drive? I am into slot canyons mainly. Spryesque and Behuninesque are alright, but not worth the money and time to do them.

stefan... let me know when youre back in town, that's on my hit list too.
    (not sure my barrel chest will make it through either...LOL)

i'd like to do more Roost stuff, i never get a chance to spend more than a day there at a time.
    yep...more roost for me.

I have several Dinosaur canyons on my list, but those canyons are tough logistically. The last two took several trips over a few years to finally figure out how to do, and these ones will be the same. I also have several easy to get to ones scouted out and ready to go-whenever or if ever I can find the partners.

I hope to check out the Red Desert of Wyoming as well. My guess is that it could be an untapped area for slots and seems to have the same rocks as SE Utah.

Also, Waterpocket Fold canyons are on my list.

Hopefully some stuff in Forgotten Canyon that look very promising.

Also, I know of some really great canyons (potential for some of the best anywhere) in the greater Powell region, but since they require a multi day approach, I can't find anyone to go with.

I have a canyon I want to do in the greater Trachyte region too that looks excellent.

Also lots of "semi-technical" stuff with my son and easy canyons for daughter.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    (not sure my barrel chest will make it through either...LOL)
    well the first 3 slots are surely worth doin'. i enjoyed those very much.

i measured my chest, with my back up against a wall, stick across the greatest point and a perpendicular to the wall ... yup 11+ inches. one person has said max 10" ... ram claims 190 lbs. whatever the measurement, nat and tom don't think i'll fit. but i fit through eric's camera lenz ... that was alotta fun ... looks damn TIGHT

I'm not much of a slot canyoneer....I prefer wide canyons.

Nevertheless I would love to go through the Black Hole provided:

1) it isn't too technical (I've never rapped) and
    2) I could find some appropriate clothing and
    3) someone with experience could show me the way.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    I'm not much of a slot canyoneer....I prefer wide canyons.

Nevertheless I would love to go through the Black Hole provided:

1) it isn't too technical (I've never rapped) and
    2) I could find some appropriate clothing and
    3) someone with experience could show me the way.
    The Black Hole isn't too technical. A few bouldering/scrambling obstacles here and there, and some swimming, but that shouldn't scare ya away. This is assuming of course that there are no massive logjams that are choking the canyon.

About the only thing you might want in the Hole is some neoprene - a full wetsuit will keep ya nice and toasty throughout. Even in mid-August you can get a little chilled in there. Wetsuits are optional though...I've done the Hole about 4 times, and never had a wetsuit.

Watch this forum.... we had a uutah slot festival last summer and invited noobies. Black Hole was on the to-do list until it flashed on us the night before. But we still did Cheesebox and Leprechaun. The get-to-gether was a lot of fun and it would be nice to do anther one next summer.

Cool, I'll watch for it!
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    2. Zions is still new to me. Gotta get Heaps, Imlay, Kolob done.
    Just wondering if you're referring to the bank, or the national park. Zion?

(want to back me on this one shane?)
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    (want to back me on this one shane?)
    That's really TJ's pet peeve..... but story goes.... Zions is the bank and Zion is the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Watch this forum.... we had a uutah slot festival last summer and invited noobies. Black Hole was on the to-do list until it flashed on us the night before. But we still did Cheesebox and Leprechaun. The get-to-gether was a lot of fun and it would be nice to do anther one next summer.

I agree. I think we should do it again this next summer. I really had a good time, and it was good to show others with less experience the ropes (so to speak).

I have been wanting to do Scotts beta on the Gem Canyon complex for awhile. That will probably be at the top this April or May provide I can get someone else to do it with me. Anyone put a second thought into this one?
    I'll take you through (seriously), but you have to say 10 things good about SUWA.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    I have been wanting to do Scotts beta on the Gem Canyon complex for awhile. That will probably be at the top this April or May provide I can get someone else to do it with me. Anyone put a second thought into this one?
    I'll take you through (seriously), but you have to say 10 things good about SUWA.
    Hey I've always loved SUWA!!

Hey I've always loved SUWA!!
    Sounds like I'm taking you through some canyons.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    So you want people to lie?????

Attached Images Attached Images  

So you want people to lie?????
    No. I'll make an exception for some. You only have to list five.

My current top of the hit list also includes 2 canyons in Robbers Roost that I have never seen betaed yet......

I'd tell you what slots they are but they don't have names yet

At least no names that I know of or have ever heard anyone reference to. Maybe these are some of those super secret slots everyone is always talking about