Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Tattoos

Anyone have tatoos?
    I dont have any yet but I am getting closer everyday to getting one or two ... or ten.

This pic is of Fouristhenewone, it was taken right after he had the work done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Anyone have tatoos?
    I dont have any yet but I am getting closer everyday to getting one or two ... or ten.
    Why not just buy a picture and hang it on the wall.... at least then you can take it down when you get tired of it.

I have to agree. I was in the military and everytime my room mate would get a bit drunk - he'd have a new tattoo. In Germany you can be sauced and still get one - I think in Utah it's verbotten.

He did have some cool tats - had the Nike Swoosh on both feet and a few others. He did want to get EXIT ONLY tattooed on his butt, but I don't think he ever did.

I have one and I love it. I got it when I was a bit older (30) and I designed it myself. Every part has a personal meaning that I hold dear. The mountains represent my spirit, the sunrise, the beginning of every new day and the opportunity that brings, the moon and star represents my brother who died... and then there's clouds to remind me that not every day is perfect and yet that is part of the perfection of life.... now I just need to add a butterfly - I think the idea of always changing (the metamorphosis) and becoming a more beautiful person as each year goes by.

Whew - all that for just a simple idea of a picture on one's body! (It's on my lower back)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I have one and I love it. I got it when I was a bit older (30) and I designed it myself. Every part has a personal meaning that I hold dear. The mountains represent my spirit, the sunrise, the beginning of every new day and the opportunity that brings, the moon and star represents my brother who died... and then there's clouds to remind me that not every day is perfect and yet that is part of the perfection of life.... now I just need to add a butterfly - I think the idea of always changing (the metamorphosis) and becoming a more beautiful person as each year goes by.

Whew - all that for just a simple idea of a picture on one's body! (It's on my lower back)
    nice

That's on my left calf.

Those are my feets.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I have one and I love it. I got it when I was a bit older (30) and I designed it myself.
    We want pics

tattoos are lame....i cant imagine what kind of person would get one

Having known and photographed a lot of WWII veterans who got tattooed when they were young, I can tell you that to a man, they say it was "a damn fool thing to do."

For my own part, I have grown and changed in almost every taste since I was, say, 22, so it's hard for me to imagine something like a tattoo passing the test of time.

My $.02.

-R

I almost got one of AC/DC. Couldn't decide where to get it (where the parents wouldn't see it), so I never got around to it.

I ve always wanted some primal or polynesian tattoo on my calf somewhere or even a chainring on the back of the calf..where you usually get racked by one. A friend of mine has one there and it looks way cool.
    ...the wife frowns on the idea severely though...damn, gonna miss her...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    Having known and photographed a lot of WWII veterans who got tattooed when they were young, I can tell you that to a man, they say it was "a damn fool thing to do."

For my own part, I have grown and changed in almost every taste since I was, say, 22, so it's hard for me to imagine something like a tattoo passing the test of time.

My $.02.

-R
    Mmmm, me too. That's why I got mine at a later age, and after a LOT of thought of what I wanted there. It's personal, ya know, it means a lot to me. My momma always told me "if you ever want a tattoo, wait at least til you're 30..." :-) I did and she was right. I would have totally regretting getting a tasmanian devil or mickey mouse or something like that!
    Pictures...hmmm... probably not, but I'd show ya if I ever met ya. :-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

The Fingerstache

monkey....?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by price1869

That's on my left calf.

Those are my feets.
    Hey you have tan lines like me The only ones i have!!!! darn sandles LOL
    Red Ram
    36' hauler
    KTM Pro SR SX 50cc
    Kawi KX65
    Yam 426F

I'm not too sure how many of you know what I do for a living but I get to see a lot of butt naked guys (not the high lite of my life, just my job) right before they get dressed in county jailhouse orange. I see a lot of tats that are amazing and a lot that are just prison junk. But the wildest was on a guy covered in prison tats. Just below his belly button are the words "Ride The Thunder." Not knowing the extent that people will go to be original, I asked him what that was all about. Underwear came off and YOU GUESSED IT, right there on his most prized male appendage were lightning bolts. How the hell he kept it up while being inked/pricked is beyond me. I shrivel at the thought.

To the women of "uutah," these are not the type of men that you want to see naked in your dreams let alone in reality...
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Now this is a tattoo, maybe the greatest tattoo ever.