Thread: Night riding

Night riding

Who out there is into night riding on their mtn bike? What kinda light setup do you have? Do you have both a helmet light and barmount? I have both, but I have had them for like 6 years now. Niterider is my breed of choice. The new HID is killer, but it is HELLA expensive!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This video shows a light on the bar, and the helmet.
    It's a 70.9 MB file, just right click and save.

http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/blairbikeproject.wmv

I believe this is a Pete Fagerlin video. www.petefagerlin.com. I couldn't find it on his site though. You go to www.mtbvideos.net , and it's pete's site.

Also, his other videos have the same partial address, so that's my assumption.

This A-hole is trying to pass this footage off as his own over on bikeforums.net. I sarcasticly said that Pete Fagerlin has stolen this video and claimed it as his own, and I think everybody's soaking up my sarcasm for truth. They're talking about a lawsuit against Pete!

I want somebody to look into it, and totally bust the REAL thief.

Here's the link (sorry for the thread hijack)
    http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=251132

Yo,

I love night riding, I have a NIghrider H.I.D. (I think its the Storm) helmet mount and a bar mount but my hid helmet mount is so bright I only have to run my one light. I love nightriding and try to do it as much as possible, it changes every trail that you ride and makes riding so peacefull. Helmet mount is so much nicer than bar mount in my opionion (i have both) it makes it much nicer when you hear things off the trail and want to take a look at em. I Love it!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I also love night riding. It's a whole new dimension and kinda creepy in a cool way, too! I use Nightrider lights - and I use both a helmet and bar light as well. Often I'll put both on and just use my helmet light, save the bar light for backup.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Yo,

I love night riding, I have a NIghrider H.I.D. (I think its the Storm) helmet mount and a bar mount but my hid helmet mount is so bright I only have to run my one light. I love nightriding and try to do it as much as possible, it changes every trail that you ride and makes riding so peacefull. Helmet mount is so much nicer than bar mount in my opionion (i have both) it makes it much nicer when you hear things off the trail and want to take a look at em. I Love it!!
    What did you pay for your Storm HID light? I also love the fact that a helmet light lets you look off the trail, AND look into the turns were you are looking.
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I also love night riding. It's a whole new dimension and kinda creepy in a cool way, too! I use Nightrider lights - and I use both a helmet and bar light as well. Often I'll put both on and just use my helmet light, save the bar light for backup.
    I do the same thing karen. I save my bar light for backup as well. Do you have HID Niterider lights?
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    This video shows a light on the bar, and the helmet.
    It's a 70.9 MB file, just right click and save.

http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/blairbikeproject.wmv
    Sweet video sombeech. I haven't seen many night ride videos.
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I do the same thing karen. I save my bar light for backup as well. Do you have HID Niterider lights?
    I have one set of Niterider HIs and one Niterider's that aren't HID (older version).
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I still run an old set of Schwinn MODs 1&2 bar mounts. Theyve worked so well for me that I havent replaced them - I have a few backups that arent so bulky but weight has never been a problem for me so I just live with em. Id love to bust out the $$$and get a helmet mount...working underground I am used to a caplamp so I gotta get one! Love to night ride!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I still run an old set of Schwinn MODs 1&2 bar mounts. Theyve worked so well for me that I havent replaced them - I have a few backups that arent so bulky but weight has never been a problem for me so I just live with em. Id love to bust out the $$$and get a helmet mount...working underground I am used to a caplamp so I gotta get one! Love to night ride!
    How long of a burn time do you have? I was actually considering doing what my friend did, and go to a battery store and have them build me a new battery pack. He did so and he has more burn time, and it only cost like $60 bucks. The new HID's are sweet, but very pricey! I just cannot justify spending 400-500 bucks on one light!
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    How long of a burn time do you have? I was actually considering doing what my friend did, and go to a battery store and have them build me a new battery pack. He did so and he has more burn time, and it only cost like $60 bucks. The new HID's are sweet, but very pricey! I just cannot justify spending 400-500 bucks on one light!
    Ive never run em out yet and I can ride for hours, usually 2 to 3 in the dark. - Even at my shop cost I have a hard time justifying the expense. I saw a mess of new ones at INTERBIKE for 07' that are sweet, BRIGHT, and ligthweight so keep an eye out. I didnt keep alot of that paperwork from INTERBIKE otherwise Id give you a heads up but - Ill keep looking though

My nighrider storm H.I.D. was 270.00 when I picked it up online, there are a ton of deals out there and well worth it, if you want to go on a decent ride you need over 3 hours of burn time, and if you plan on racing in a 24 hr your gonna need some time. I was to scared to venture off to far when I only had my trail rat with a burn time of around 2 hrs. The new moab night rider has 11hrs of burn time WOW. I guess the old phrase holds true with almost everyhting..... You get what you pay for.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

What I really need to find is a LONG burn headlamp style for under $200 and to be honest, its been so damn cold I havent looked all that hard. SOON, I will be going stir crazy enought to force myself to find one just so I can ride

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    before you go completely stir crazy , shall we pick a weekend sometime in jan for a virgin trip-hint, hint
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore