Thread: DEC 7th 1941 -Pearl Harbor Day

DEC 7th 1941 -Pearl Harbor Day

I know ya gotta be an old fart to remember this day but I was just wondering who had actually taken the opportunity to go to Pearl Harbor & check out the memorial. I have been there three times and each time it is a humbling experience. I was fortunate enough to meet a few survivors of the attack while I was visiting the memorial and talk with them. I also was present once when some Japanese who were on the other side of the conflict were there to pay their respects...humbling experience - I would recommend it to anyone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot

Re: DEC 7th 1941 -Pearl Harbor Day

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I know ya gotta be an old fart to remember this day but I was just wondering who had actually taken the opportunity to go to Pearl Harbor & check out the memorial. I have been there three times and each time it is a humbling experience. I was fortunate enough to meet a few survivors of the attack while I was visiting the memorial and talk with them. I also was present once when some Japanese who were on the other side of the conflict were there to pay their respects...humbling experience - I would recommend it to anyone
    I was there in 1992

I remember...and I'm not an old fart. I've been to Pearl Harbor. I went with my family back in 1986. Every year I watch the Band of Brothers series, and it kicks off with episode 1 tonight.

World wars shouldn't be forgotten or shoved under the rug. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I have been there a dozen or so times, but only as a kid when I lived in Hawaii. I'd love to go back now that I understand what happend there.

Thanks for the reminder. i almost forgot.