Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Staircase-Escalante: Yellow Rock

AH, the barscene...that aint nothin man...you live here a while and you see EVERYTHING. I work with guys that go to the bars on the weekend JUST so they can fight. Barefisted competition is big up here too, but it's not for me! As for RockSprings, it's still a dangerous town if your not careful where you go, and even some mafia & gang action going on. I personally know several of the mafia families and that is as far as I will go on that one(IM not involved)
    ...luckily, I live in Green River, a much quieter town,comparatively speaking

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tanya, we dont do wilderness riding, in fact the first thing I usually check is to make sure I am not in a wilderness area. Even when I'm not in one I look for fragile wildlife and growth...lots of cryptobiotic soils here too and in some places thats all there is holding the ecosystem together. I dont want to jeopardize loosing that too! I am one of the biggest advocates of 'leave no trace' riding,hiking,camping youre likely to meet. Man, I sound like a 'treehugger'- no offense TreeHugger, but thats just the way I was brought up

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Tanya, we dont do wilderness riding, in fact the first thing I usually check is to make sure I am not in a wilderness area. Even when I'm not in one I look for fragile wildlife and growth...lots of cryptobiotic soils here too and in some places thats all there is holding the ecosystem together. I dont want to jeopardize loosing that too! I am one of the biggest advocates of 'leave no trace' riding,hiking,camping youre likely to meet. Man, I sound like a 'treehugger'- no offense TreeHugger, but thats just the way I was brought up

I like that :)

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker

I like that :)
    I guess its a challenge thing - I like to see how hard it is for someone to follow me 'cause they cant tell where Ive been.

Bogley BigShot

Re: Grand Staircase-Escalante: Yellow Rock

Quote Originally Posted by tanya

-----------but don't ever go in December without neoprene socks!!!!!!!!!!!

We crossed the river near the end of the hike..... and it was so COLD! Not COLD actually ---- FrEeZzInG!!!!!

The only thing worse was having to do it over and over again!!!! We rolled up our pants to try and keep them dry, which did not work since the water was so deep in places.

We are even all cut up from the ice...... You would have to do this to understand! I mean this hurt!!! It was all shady too, not a drop of sunlight to warm us!

But we still had fun --- oh my aching legs!

Photos and trail report to come.

We have the trail report, map and photo album done for Yellow Rock. We just did it for the meander around Yellow Rock itself instead of the Loop that we did. Its just not too interesting past Yellow Rock until you get down into the Paria. We are going to do another trip through the Paria, because that area is gorgeous!

Trail Description
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/sta...ellow-rock.htm

Photo Album
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/ima...m2/index32.htm
    [/img]

Thanks, Tanya, I'll be out there at some point. I really like it out there but the drive is too long to do it often.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Thanks, Tanya, I'll be out there at some point. I really like it out there but the drive is too long to do it often.

Win
    So true... and snow will come soon and make it tough this winter! I really enjoy those dirt road trips though. Bo was driving on the way to White Pocket last time though.. I was looking at a map or something and I hit my head hard on the roof of the rover. No more reading for me on those types of roads.

Funny, I do all the driving and watch my wife bounce around riding shotgun! We usually go south to Logandale, Valley of Fire and Gold Butte when the weather turns cold here. I do want to do a photography trip to Bryce/Red Canyon after a good snow, though.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Funny, I do all the driving and watch my wife bounce around riding shotgun! We usually go south to Logandale, Valley of Fire and Gold Butte when the weather turns cold here. I do want to do a photography trip to Bryce/Red Canyon after a good snow, though.

Win
    Your wife is brave. Next snow we are going to do a Zion photo shoot. I want to redo my winter photo album. Its always fun to get out in the snow with a camera in hand!