Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Light Hell

Christmas Light Hell

So whats the dillio. Who else has neighbor's that put up their Christmas decorations a week after Halloween. I mean seriously...there are lights all over my neighborhood. Depending on the year, I usually put mine up on the weekend of Thanksgiving, then turn them on December 1st. What do you do and what have you experienced? Who goes all out with the inflatable Santa's and reindeer that light up and move.

Don't tell me that yer lights are on right now...
    Lets see some pictures of your crib...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot

Re: Christmas Light Hell

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    So whats the dillio. Who else has neighbor's that put up their Christmas decorations a week after Halloween. I mean seriously...there are lights all over my neighborhood. Depending on the year, I usually put mine up on the weekend of Thanksgiving, then turn them on December 1st. What do you do and what have you experienced? Who goes all out with the inflatable Santa's and reindeer that light up and move.

Don't tell me that yer lights are on right now...
    Lets see some pictures of your crib...

I like the natural look of Christmas. I love the old fashioned Santa dolls and decoration that does not involve anything with lights, flashing or blow up stuff. I like popcorn on a real tree and ornaments that are handmade. I try and avoid the commercial side when giving presents too. ... But I have not put up anything yet!

I'll bet I swear as much while getting out the christmas decor as any other time of the year. And that doesn't include taking them down! I do it because my wife loves this time of year. I just try to swear when she's not around, but I wonder what the neighbors think when they hear me.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenlicken
    I'll bet I swear as much while getting out the christmas decor as any other time of the year. And that doesn't include taking them down! I do it because my wife loves this time of year. I just try to swear when she's not around, but I wonder what the neighbors think when they hear me.

Bogley BigShot

I guess you already attended husband training school.

I'm planning on hanging Christmas lights the moment I'm finished ice skating in hell.

People need to get their nose out of Thanksgiving's business!!! Santa has a whole muthafuggin month of his own; DON'T STEAL THIS TURKEY'S THUNDER!!!!

I put the lights up on the house earlier this month, but the do NOT get turned on until December!!!! I just don't like putting the damned things up in the snow.

I was born on Thanksgiving................so I quite like the holiday myself.

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    DON'T STEAL THIS TURKEY'S THUNDER!!!!
    I couldn't agree more Shling. I will prolly be out putting mine up this morning. But no illumination in November...

There should be a law. Get one holiday over before starting on the next. No "Back To School" 'till August. No Halloween before Oct 1. No Thanksgiving before Halloween. No Christmas before Thanksgiving. No Valentines Day before February 1. Retailers can have a two holiday lead (except for Back to School, which is NOT a holiday) but it's serious pain for any more than that.

What's totally psycho is that two radio stations are already playing 100% Christmas music and have been for weeks. Glad I don't listen to those stations .
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Bogley BigShot

Happy Birthday ShlingDawg

Quote Originally Posted by tanya

Wow that looks good. Just so you know, my b-day is in March and I like pie.
    I just finished up my Christmas lights and things went pretty good...everything works. I will have to snap a picture on December 1st.

Bogley BigShot
    Mine is in March too. I like men.

Give the neighborhood a treat and turn the lights on tonight and send us a photo.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Hey - mine was last week! I will be happy to have a raincheck for this AFTER the holidays are over and I've gotten over the issue of being sick of anything that even remotely has sugar in it.

Loved the Martha Stewart Thanksgiving piece.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

I'll bet I swear as much while getting out the christmas decor as any other time of the year. And that doesn't include taking them down! I do it because my wife loves this time of year.
    Hey licken... it doesn't count if the lights are still up from last year

I was just informed I can't put up lights this year. Our mobile home community prohibited them due to an unfortunate incident last year.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Hey - mine was last week! I will be happy to have a raincheck for this AFTER the holidays are over and I've gotten over the issue of being sick of anything that even remotely has sugar in it.

Happy Birthday Savanna --- Hopefully this won't make you sick.

(Its scarey what an innocent word typed into google will come up with! Hunk is an interesting one. )

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313

Happy Birthday Savanna --- Hopefully this won't make you sick.

(Its scarey what an innocent word typed into google will come up with! Hunk is an interesting one. )
    Very nice! The only problem with that kind of birthday gift is figuring out the best place to tie the bow.

Uh oh.....break time is over. I hear the whip cracking..........back to the kitchen!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I'll bet I swear as much while getting out the christmas decor as any other time of the year. And that doesn't include taking them down! I do it because my wife loves this time of year.
    Hey licken... it doesn't count if the lights are still up from last year

I was just informed I can't put up lights this year. Our mobile home community prohibited them due to an unfortunate incident last year.

Ice, how can you be so lucky? The only year I didn't have to put up lights was the year I procrastinated it until there was "too much snow on the roof". I told my wife I didn't want to break something falling off the roof. Hey, it worked.

The only year I didn't have to put up lights