Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Leave me alone!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker
    Tanya, I asked Liza and she says I can't give it to you! But I tried.

Shhhhhh... we won't tell her

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    I may not let them leave though. Life can be dangerous for a missionary!
    Trust me...we've been down that road.

I bet you have

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    OK, Tanya, it's on its way...

Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchKing
    Somebody lock this crap thread!
    Why do you choose to open up and read this thread? Just pass on by and ignore it. Nothing wrong with a good discussion/debate.
    I opened it to watch a slightly humorous video, I kept opening it to see what others had to say about the video. This thread is now just two things going back and forth. "I hate it when religious representatives won't take a hint and leave me alone", rebutted by "I agree but cut them some slack"

Your point is taken however and I will quit opening the thread starting now.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

For the lack of friends part - we did have BEST friends here but they up and moved to Madison, WI for school. Luckily they are the friends we will have until we're all old and grey and don't even want to sleep on the ground anymore. They even came out this summer for a vacation.

Overall, it is kind of hard to find "like people" in Logan. Maybe SLC is easier. I had NO friends for the first 2 years - that was rough. We have some friendly LDS aquaintences, but no one we can really hang out with. I don't think I could really relax - I'd have to watch my language, I'd feel odd drinking a beer in front of them, feeling I would in someway make THEM uncomfortable. Not saying I have to be a foul mouthed blabbering drunk in my free time either! We'd have to use that little thing we call our "filter."

We have had BBQs and gone mountain biking with our very wonderful neighbors. They always invite us over when they have family picnics. We even went to the 8 y.o. baptism. She invited all her family - then us! I thought that was cute - H was definitely wigged out though. The cool thing is that they are not pushy in any shape way or form. They just respect everyone.

I guess the few friends I have right now take some work, for lack of a better term. They just aren't like those friends who moved away who just "clicked."

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    I don't think I could really relax - I'd have to watch my language, I'd feel odd drinking a beer in front of them, feeling I would in someway make THEM uncomfortable. Not saying I have to be a foul mouthed blabbering drunk in my free time either! We'd have to use that little thing we call our "filter."
    I guess I don't know your friends, but they might care less about you drinking than you might expect. I at least have no problems with my friends that drink around me. As Mormons we pay 10% tithing but I don't judge non-Mormons for not paying tithing, just like I don't judge non-Mormons for not drinking. Anyway, the things I chose as my standards has not effected my friendships with most other people.

[* I did used to have a really good friend who was an atheist. Once as a joke we replaced his "Darwin fish" with a "Jesus fish" and it didn't notice for a couple of weeks. When he did notice he got really mad at me for not respecting his beliefs and that was the last straw that ended up killing our friendship. With the exception of him, most of my non-Mormon friends and I have not had problems with differences in life styles*]
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5