Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leave me alone!

DickHead

Leave me alone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've never had a Mormon knock on my door, plenty of JWs though!!!
    Peter

What ever floats yer boat...

Was it just me or does this guy sound like a switch hitter?

Well Maybe

He did say that he went to a Yaz concert until 5 in the am.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Safran is way funny. He has a love hate relationship with the mormons because they wouldn't let him join the church just for his show. He's the one that made the "Extreme Mormons" video. (someone want to link up that thread?) Always makes me laugh.

Oh, I don't feel bad for him. A lot of the people I talked to on my mission were a lot meaner than that, and he got to be selective about who he included in his video.

Also, John Safran lives in a big house somewhere in Australia, well beyond the access of Mormon missionaries. He's the one that tried to join the church to begin with.

Not to mention, any one of those people could sue him for trespassing, hidden cameras, etc. I think most of those mormons were pretty well behaved.

Funny video.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

That's funny stuff.

Those folks were FAIRLY well behaved (he WAS assaulted by a BISHOP with a broom), but that was Salt Lake, not points south, so going by the odds, only half the folks he talked with were Mormon.

Salt Lake is Berkeley liberal compared to Utah County, and I honestly think that he would be risking his life if he went door to door with his message in Payson, Spanish Fork, or Santaquin.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    A lot of the people I talked to on my mission were a lot meaner than that, and he got to be selective about who he included in his video.
    Second that. I had people let their dogs loose on me, curse a blue streak, throw stuff at us, spit, .....etc. That video was very tame compared to what I experienced while in California for four months waiting for my visa to finish my mission in Brazil. I actually think that kind of thing this guy did is good for us Mormons. Things like that test our charity.
    Life is Good

Even more funny if you are Mormon!!

That's hilarious!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

the guy that assaulted them with a broom--- my bro was chased with a chainsaw!!!!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    What ever floats yer boat...

Was it just me or does this guy sound like a switch hitter?
    Don't all Aussies and Brits sound that way?

I've never had a Mormon knock on my door, plenty of JWs though!!!
    Peter
    I've had both in Texas, but only Mo's here in ewetah.

That British Sod needs to settle down, and take a breath.

Kind of like Dennis Leary, when people like that get all hyperactive, saying they don't give a sh*t. Well, something's got them all worked up.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    That British Sod needs to settle down, and take a breath.

Kind of like Dennis Leary, when people like that get all hyperactive, saying they don't give a sh*t. Well, something's got them all worked up.
    He's annoying, but so are young little brainwashed minions knocking on my door. I'd prefer them to sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up around here.

I didn't think he was very funny. I just feel sorry for this guy for how angry he is. I am Mormon and I can laugh at Mormonism but I just didn't think that was funny. I do however think this is funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qw7ezm2IA8
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Don't be scared, we're just from Al Qaeda

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    I didn't think he was very funny. I just feel sorry for this guy for how angry he is. I am Mormon and I can laugh at Mormonism but I just didn't think that was funny. I do however think this is funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qw7ezm2IA8
    He did a great job of pointing out the hypocrisy.....you all expect me to listen to your little young clean shaven minions, but if someone else comes to your door, well....you saw how he was treated....

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    He did a great job of pointing out the hypocrisy.....you all expect me to listen to your little young clean shaven minions, but if someone else comes to your door, well....you saw how he was treated....
    And of course, every single person they talked to was mormon. Nope.

In fact, the Bishop they talked to didn't treat them bad, he just wasn't interested. Actually if those two punks showed up on my doorstep, their shirts wouldn't be clean on the way out. I don't take kindly to arrogance.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    And of course, every single person they talked to was mormon. Nope.

In fact, the Bishop they talked to didn't treat them bad, he just wasn't interested. Actually if those two punks showed up on my doorstep, their shirts wouldn't be clean on the way out. I don't take kindly to arrogance.
    And insisting that the BOM and LDS is the one and only way to salvation isn't arrogant? And the little twerps that knock on my door when I don't want them there aren't arrogant?
    All religions are arrogant. Its hypocrisy.

I can appreciate your point of view from a non-LDS point of view. It does seem arrogant to claim to be the only true church on the face of the planet, but it is actually a belief of members. I think where you are tripped up is that you choose to take offense to the claim. I personally like to debate with members of other religions, especially Jehohah's Witnesses and I am not offended by their claim to truth or even their knocking on my door. If I have the time, I have a good spar with them and we part ways amiably. Maybe that is just me, i don't know. Just out of curiosity, have you always been Atheist or was it something you decided later in life? Don't answer that if it is too personal.

Reedus

All religions are arrogant. Its hypocrisy.
    I don't think arrogance is the right word. Arrogance and pride go together, such as wanting to separate oneself from other groups, that's arrogance. But wanting to invite and give others a chance to hear something, I'm not sure that's arrogance.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I can appreciate your point of view from a non-LDS point of view. It does seem arrogant to claim to be the only true church on the face of the planet, but it is actually a belief of members. I think where you are tripped up is that you choose to take offense to the claim. I personally like to debate with members of other religions, especially Jehohah's Witnesses and I am not offended by their claim to truth or even their knocking on my door. If I have the time, I have a good spar with them and we part ways amiably. Maybe that is just me, i don't know. Just out of curiosity, have you always been Atheist or was it something you decided later in life? Don't answer that if it is too personal.

Reedus
    I don't care I'll answer.
    I actually grew up in a Southern Baptist house. My parents didn't get very into it until I was probably about 12, though. No real pressure from them to be religious. I became christian as a teenager. I always had a hard time reconciling my beliefs with the scientific side of me that believed evolution. When I joined the military, I saw the pressure in Boot Camp to go to church. I learned real fast that I was stronger than that, and could draw from my inner strength without asking God for it. So I became a non-practicing Christian. Some soul searching as to why I wasn't practicing led me to become Agnostic, which is really what I am. My personal belief is that there is likely not a God or supreme being, but that the possibilites of the universe are so infinite that anything is truely possible.
    My problems with organized religions are vast, you got a few hours?

Edit:
    I don't necessarily mind that religion, the LDS one in particular, claims to be the only path. The claim is fundamental to religion capturing and holding its members.
    What I do mind is being bombarded with the we are right and you are wrong message. What I do mind is having my privacy invaded by pushy little used-religion-salesmen. I once had a fundamentalist Christian bang on my door. If I used the language here, that I used on him, Sombeech would moderate me faster than you could say "trespassing"!