Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What dogs/pets do you have?

What dogs/pets do you have?

Hey guys, we've just recently joined the club of obsessive pet owners I want to see your dogs and the fun stuff you get to do with them

We rescued a beautiful 1 yr old American pit bull terrier mix a couple weeks ago. In fact you can only see a little of the pit in her face and her broad chest, otherwise I think she's more mix than anything. A real purebred mutt, the best kind!

Anyway she's a great runner and LOVES to follow game trails and run around in the snow chasing imaginery animals like an idiot. Almost to a fault - she needs a little training still! The funniest thing is she is definitely the most "cuddly" dog I have ever seen. She wants to be 2 inches from us at all times.

Can't wait for our first camping trip down south!

Here's Lexie the dog:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I know there aren't many cat lovers here, but that's what I have. And please....spare me the "I love cats......they taste just like chicken" line.

Rescued from the pound, she's a Russian Blue named Natasha. My plan was to get another kitty and name him Boris, but she doesn't want another cat in the household. I love dogs as much as cats, but with my work schedule, it's hard to have a dog and I don't have a big yard to leave one in. A cat is self-maintained which works out for me.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Re: What dogs/pets do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker
    Hey guys, we've just recently joined the club of obsessive pet owners I want to see your dogs and the fun stuff you get to do with them

We rescued a beautiful 1 yr old American pit bull terrier mix a couple weeks ago. In fact you can only see a little of the pit in her face and her broad chest, otherwise I think she's more mix than anything. A real purebred mutt, the best kind!

Anyway she's a great runner and LOVES to follow game trails and run around in the snow chasing imaginery animals like an idiot. Almost to a fault - she needs a little training still! The funniest thing is she is definitely the most "cuddly" dog I have ever seen. She wants to be 2 inches from us at all times.

Can't wait for our first camping trip down south!

Here's Lexie the dog:
    My brother-in-law takes his dogs hiking/camping all the time. They wear their own backpacks to carry food and dishes for themselves. Here's a couple of pictures of the cuties.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Dont have any pets. I met Lexie at work the other day - what a sweetie!!

Congrats!!

K
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I had a Malamute when I was married, and the same weekend as my ex wife told me she wanted a divorce, the wind blew the fence open and my pooch ran away.

I sure miss the bitch.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Chihuahua!

My wife Abby has always had a soft spot for Chihuahuas. Here is an image of her hiking with Sierra and Max at Butler Wash last month.

Also, they each have their own web pages...

http://abby.richardbarron.net/SierraKayenta/
    http://abby.richardbarron.net/msb/

Oh, and we have two very happy, friendly goats...

http://family.richardbarron.net/goats/

-R

Mr. T

I have a boxer, craziest dang dog you will ever see.

So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

This is Bell, the blue tick hound. She came from the pound about a year ago.

Here are a couple of pics of Sierra training "Sage". He is one year old and a Red Bone Hound. He was on his way to the pound when we took him in. Really a great dog with kids.

I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Crazy dog. More energy than I know what to do with. Pretty talented though. She does dishes, and she dances.

Does my Ex count?
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

sure, badgers, I mean Ex's count, haha!

That's a great looking rhodesian. I read about those a bit, but I worried that they wouldn't do well being cooped up in the garage all day when we're at work. Sounds like they have a lot of energy!

Great pictures though, thanks for sharing. I like seeing the ones with the doggy packs for hiking, etc!

I have a couple of dogs who do a lot of hiking and camping with me. My older one, Iluq is a Malamute-Timberwolf Hybrid who's almost 6, and my younger one Nuka is a Malamute who just had his second birthday.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

I have a herd of 12 to 14 deer, 6 to 8 rabbits, a skunk from time to time, a racoon, and three different species of birds camping out at my house off and on all year long...leaving all sorts of presents for me to clean up, I dont need any more...
    ...I did have a cat once though, a Lynx...short grey fur, little tuffs poking up on her ears and a short stubby tail....used to growl when dogs came in the yard...a real mans' cat!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I have a herd of 12 to 14 deer, 6 to 8 rabbits, a skunk from time to time, a racoon, and three different species of birds camping out at my house off and on all year long...leaving all sorts of presents for me to clean up, I dont need any more...
    That sounds like my house! I have kids. Who needs more animals to take care of!

I have one female dog named Gina. She is probably a Labrador/German Shorthaired Pointer mix. We found her on Petfinder listed for a local shelter. I am now heavily involved with volunteering for that shelter. I just think of all those other sweet Ginas sitting in kennels waiting in a scary place, wondering where they are. So many dogs and cats put to sleep each year (up to 10 million now?) it's just sad and heartbreaking to me.

I'd like another dog, but hubby refuses. He's the one that begged me to get a dog in the first place!

She's a great pal. She goes on runs while we mountain bike, she goes with us when we ski. She can sit nicely in a canoe or inside a tent. She's such a good girl. Gina is still young (3 y.o.) but when she leaves this earth I am going to be a wreck.

This here is my 2 y.o. hunting dog, a pure bred black lab. She loves to hunt, play in the water, and go hiking with me. She is just a great all around companion...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gardner
    I have two Bengal Cats,

Bhajan:

Shardul:
    do you breed the bengals there cool looking cats!!!!
    Red Ram
    36' hauler
    KTM Pro SR SX 50cc
    Kawi KX65
    Yam 426F