Thread: American Fork Canyon Caves

American Fork Canyon Caves

I have heard there are 3 caves in AF canyon. I have the GPS coordinates but don't know anything about them. Are they open to the public (or sealed off like Nuddy Puddy Caves)?

Anyway, if anyone has any information, I'd appreciate it.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There are more than 3! Most have been gated for the use of bats. A few are still open. Then there are also the many mine shafts in the area. Most have been bulldozed over by the FS, but again, some are still open.

Sorry to resurrect this VERY old thread. I'm trying to find the exact location of a couple of caves in AF Canyon- Black Magic Cave and Dance Hall Cave. I know I drive past them all the time but have never been able to figure out exactly where they are or how to get to them. Anyone?
    Are we there yet?

Since it isn't decorated and is more of a shelter, I will give brief directions to Dance Hall Cave (Beer Cave is next to it). These should be enough:

From Timp Cave parking lot, drive up canyon to where the road crosses the creek on a bridge. Park maybe 400? feet farther along the road than the bridge and cross the creek and look for trails heading up the slope. Beer Cave and Dance Hall Cave can both be see from the road.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

You can find directions to these on climbing forums, as they're sport climbing areas. Not real caves.

OK, cool, thanks! I figured they were in that area. I understand they are more of a grotto than a cave. Jumar, what climbing forums would you suggest I look in? I've searched for the 'caves' online but haven't found much info.
    Are we there yet?

mountain project i believe has descriptions on how to get there. I might have better directions in my emails. About a year ago we did some scouting for cave/grotto locations where a film about the ice age could be filmed. I had sent directions to the film people. Shoot me an email (jeff.a.baird(AT)gmail.com) if you need better directions and I'll see what I can dig up.

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/black-magic/105739659

I have directions to about 14 caves in A.F. canyon Utah, if you would like some directions to some of them like gadianton cave or ted bundy's cave you can email me for directions. I can easly give you the directons.

Spammer?
    Are we there yet?

I am not a spammer. I just like giving directions to cool places that are hard to find.
    If you don't believe me that is okay, if you don't trust me i can give the directions a different way.
    do not just assume i am a spammer because you don't know a damn thing about me.

Hi there, I just moved to Utah and live pretty much at the mouth of American Fork Canyon. If you have a list of 14 caves I would love to get them from you. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrown View Post
    Hi there, I just moved to Utah and live pretty much at the mouth of American Fork Canyon. If you have a list of 14 caves I would love to get them from you. Thanks!
    for the directions you can email me at zabtaksoocal@gmail.com i will provid directions with pictures and names.

Hi! I live pretty close to American Fork as well and just kind of got into caving. If there's any way I could get that list from you as well, that would be awesome. Thanks!