Thread: BULLSHIT!!!

BULLSHIT!!!

Ok, I am sure that everyone in our entire league was trying to get Torry Holt........and it ended up going to the league leader?!?!?!?

I was probably the first to grab T.H. when he was dropped Monday morning. This is a crock of shit! Waivers should go to first come, first serve.

I wouldn't be so upset about this if T.H. would've gone to someone who could have needed him -- like P-Diddy, who has lost 6 in a row, or Big Balls, who has like a 2-8 record. But for the F**KING LEAGUE LEADER TO GET FIRST DIBS IS JUST PLAIN BULLSHIT!!!!!!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: BULLSHIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Ok, I am sure that everyone in our entire league was trying to get Torry Holt........and it ended up going to the league leader?!?!?!?

I was probably the first to grab T.H. when he was dropped Monday morning. This is a crock of shit! Waivers should go to first come, first serve.

I wouldn't be so upset about this if T.H. would've gone to someone who could have needed him -- like P-Diddy, who has lost 6 in a row, or Big Balls, who has like a 2-8 record. But for the F**KING LEAGUE LEADER TO GET FIRST DIBS IS JUST PLAIN BULLSHIT!!!!!!!
    Wow dude, tell us how you really feel.

You should be just as pissed as I am.

Next year we need to either join a different (NOT Yahoo) league, or tweak the sh*t outta the current settings.

This is an outrage!!

Yeah, my team is toast. Good thing I am in two leagues and my other is doing really well. I am in a 3 way tie for the best record and third in points. I am open to try some new things next year. I do know that Yahoo's system is much nicer than the others...most like it better anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This rant coming from the player with the most moves in the league.

I was upset as well and I was ahead of you on the list.

My question is why did Royd Landis let him go in the first place??? Speak up Royd, what's the deal?

Yeah.... I was in on the Holt deal also..... but it is what it is..... But I do NOT think it should be first come first served. That is not fair to those who can't sit by their computer all day long.

I've thought about tweaking the rules for next year and looked at some possiblilities. Here are my suggestions if possible.

Wavier order should be set opposite of a teams record. This would allow the worst teams in the league to have first crack at improving.

I would like to see:

1 point for every 10 yards running or receiving. ( I hate it when your reciever gets 4 catches for 19 yards and you get nothing).

1 point for every 20 yards passing.

5 points extra for a 100 yard rushing game. (this would really help someone with a player like Tiki who is great but the team has a short yardage back)

5 points extra for a 300 yards passing game.

And my advice to Rock.... shut up and play the game. You cry more then a little girl!!!

Give me some credit here. I'm just trying to make things as fair as possible.

The main reason why I'm so pissed is because the waiver order is in theory designed to help out the guy who went later in the draft, and the assumption is that the guys at the bottom of the draft order typically do poorly. But as you can see, that theory backfired in our league -- big time!!! Even though Who's Your Daddy was low on the draft totem pole, he has been undefeated all season (until last week). And to add to our woes, he gets first crack at all the best waivers now. We are getting ass-reamed by the very system that was supposed to introduce equality into our league. Am I pissed cause I didn't get TH? Of course, but don't misunderstand, I am much more pissed that the league leader now has almost a virtual monopoly on the best waivers. That's just not right.

I like the suggestions you made Shane, and I think we should enforce those next year. Another one I would like to see is points for TOTAL YARDAGE -- not split up between rushing/passing. This is so that you don't end up with zero points if your player gets 19 yards rushing and 19 yards receiving.

Another one (this should be MUST) -- points for punt returns and kickoff returns. This would make players like Wes Welker and Randle-El very attractive, and a viable option when other players aren't available.

What do you all think of these suggestions? Any other ideas?

And to add to our woes, he gets first crack at all the best waivers now. We are getting ass-reamed by the very system that was supposed to introduce equality into our league.
    Actullay Daddy now drops to the bottom of the list. Once you are successful with a waiver you go to #10 and everyone moves up a spot. The initial order is set oppisite of draft order. I think the current wavier situation is extremely fair. But to reverse team records would probably tighten up the league even more.

I would like to see is points for TOTAL YARDAGE -- not split up between rushing/passing. This is so that you don't end up with zero points if your player gets 19 yards rushing and 19 yards receiving.
    I like this.... also add in return yards so total yardage is the key.

Another one (this should be MUST) -- points for punt returns and kickoff returns. This would make players like Wes Welker and Randle-El very attractive, and a viable option when other players aren't available.
    All good suggestions.

I would also like to see a live draft. We could do it from my house for those local. I have three networked computers we could use and we could plug in more. We could also set up a net meeting so those from out of town can participate. We just set the draft day before registration so if you can't draft don't play or except your default list.

I would also like to see the entry fee bumped up some so the payout is bigger..... but then again.... I like to gamble on sports so this is not a requirement.

And I also think we have a great commish

I've been thinking a lot about changes for next also.

One thing to remember, if you bump up every category all you do is create a scoring system where you get more points. For example, instead of LT getting 300 pts for the week he'd get 3,000 pts. If you feel better getting 150 pts that week instead of 50 we can do that.

Here's what I like. Picking a postion like RB and bumping up the pts just for a postion. That way RB's are more valuable.

Either way we'll take a look next year on how to make things better without yahoo. I've heard good things about flea flicker and it's still free.

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    One thing to remember, if you bump up every category all you do is create a scoring system where you get more points. For example, instead of LT getting 300 pts for the week he'd get 3,000 pts. If you feel better getting 150 pts that week instead of 50 we can do that.
    Not really. My main point is instead of making yardage and TDs worth more points, we should introduce more opportunities to make points (like the punt/kickoff returns). L.T. doesn't return punts nor kickoffs, so he wouldn't see that yardage.

I also think we should bump up the entry fee. I'm not a gambling junkie, but I also would like to see a worth-while reward for so many hours of work on my team.

I really like FF season, and I apologize if I bitch a lot. I'm just uber-competetive in everything. Oh yeah, and I don't like getting bent over either.

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    One thing to remember, if you bump up every category all you do is create a scoring system where you get more points.
    Not exactly true. Yes the system creates more points. But I think it becomes more refined. It also means touchdowns are really only worth 1/2 has much. I think it blows that you can have both the Giant RB's and Tikki gains 119 yards and Jacobs gains 3 yards and a TD but Jacobs gets more points.... that ain't right.

It sucks in our leage that an RB or WR who gains 21 yards gets the same points as an RB or WR who gains 39 yards. Same points for basicaaly 1/2 the gain.

I am currently playing in a league using this 10 yard point system and it seems to smooth things out more. I think TD's are over rated in our league. Often TD's are a matter of team luck and not individual skill.

As for LT he is going to score a lot of point no matter what. I might also consider adding to the rules several players that can not be drafted no matter what. This year I would have had LT, LJ and Alexander on my can't draft list. Maybe decide in a vote before the draft (and draft order) if any players are to be excluded.

There is also a system called an auction draft (instead of a snake draft) where everyone is given X play dollars to bid on players at the beginning of the season. This means if you bid a bunch for LT you will have little left for the rest of your team. This also reduces the major players value and makes finding a sleeper a great value.

Anyhoo.... just my ideas. I'm really cool with about anything provided the rules are posted before play and rules are not changed during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I would also like to see a live draft.
    I tried to get you utah boys to do this in the beginning. It really helps and you can't bitch or blame the system for your season woes. I'm in three leagues and I'm comm in one of them. We set up the league so that it is one point per 10 yards no matter what the position is, Rb, WR, KR, etc. This way there is way more depth for each team. I have Wes Wekler who will scores as many points as a good WR will, the advantage is that there are more good WR to go around and we've found it helps even up the teams at the beginning. My two cents. Still having a lot of fun.

Hey.... were still learning.