Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameltoe Rerun

We went back and did Cameltoe again this weekend. Here are some more pictures. I'll post a route description when I get some free time.

Maybe some others will fill out a better written TR. It was a fun weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmmmmmm...waiting patiently for the complete route description.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Hmmmmmm...waiting patiently for the complete route description.
    I'm workin' on it. Might have it finished this weekend. We found a bunch of rockart along the way that you and I missed first time throught.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Yeah, and beta for Lomatium :)
    From the kissing turtles walk 97 steps north. There you will meet an old man standing next to a tree who will ask you two questions. The correct answers are "Purple" and "Six"......

Yeah, and beta for Lomatium :)
    if you follow the photos closely one can easily figure it out...

i paid careful attention to place them in chronological order
    200' of rope and some webbing for a retrievable anchor and your there

Its now posted

Cameltoe Route Description
    http://climb-utah.com/Moab/cameltoe.htm

Enjoy

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Its now posted

Cameltoe Route Description
    http://climb-utah.com/Moab/cameltoe.htm

Enjoy

I like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    We went back and did Cameltoe again this weekend. Here are some more pictures. I'll post a route description when I get some free time.

Maybe some others will fill out a better written TR. It was a fun weekend.
    120-2042_IMG (Small).jpg
    Description: What a guy.

Filesize: 25.04 KB
    glad to see REAL MEN still esist!!!!
    Heidi you lucky girl

With Kids?

Can one dad get a 6 and 7 year-old down Cameltoe? Length of the hike is not a problem, can I belay them down the one rappel? Will I freeze my nuts off doing multiple shoulder-rides through that pool?

The pool is a piece of cake. Very short and only a little more then waist deep.

The rappel probably depends on the kids. It's 50' of free hanging. Most 6 and 7 y/o would NOT be happy with this, but if your kids have been around ropes and are comfortable with it you can do it. Make sure the kids have a chest harness so they don't flip up-side-down.

Re: With Kids?

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinTodd
    Can one dad get a 6 and 7 year-old down Cameltoe? Length of the hike is not a problem, can I belay them down the one rappel? Will I freeze my nuts off doing multiple shoulder-rides through that pool?
    That's what I'm thinking with my 10 year old. I'm planning on getting him a harness this week, and was thinking about giving him intensive rappel lessons. Then a friend said "just lower him, then rap". Uh, yeah! Makes sense. With the anchor that's there, super easy. Of course, I may well do the rap lessons, anyway...

Sounds like you already have the kids, so not a big deal if they do freeze off...

Your kids need a harness for lowering or rappelling.

When my kids were young (5 to 8) I would just lower them. We would do what I called "the spider". The kids would just crawl down the wall backwards on their knees using their hands to steady themselves. Giving this move a cool name like spider seemed to help.

When kids get older (10) I think they should be rappeling on their own with a good top belay to stop them from getting in trouble. This also allows you to release the rappel line and just lower them if they get in trouble. As the kids improve you can switch to a bottom belay.

Also I noticed having an adult at both the top and bottom of the rappel really seems to help the fear factor.

YMMV

Dittos
    We've taken my 4 year old nephew caving, canyoneering, climbing, scuba...he doesn't scare easy and is responsible enough to do exactly what we tell him, when we tell him, so we can keep him safe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Incredible picture. Good for you!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

We've taken my 4 year old nephew caving, canyoneering, climbing, scuba...
    Very cool - lucky kid!

Long delayed trip report: Cameltoe went great for me and the kids. Plenty of fun rock scrambling, kids loved the rap, and thought it was really funny that dad had to take his clothes off for the pool. Water depth was the critical scrotum-height + one inch. Once you get that high, it might as well be over your head.

Thanks for the advice.

Cameltoe

Could some one Please tell me exactly where this canyon is? How to get there? How long does it take to hike it?? Maps? Free web sites?
    Anything
    Thanks
    See you on the Trail

circle of friends...
    I'm out of bed and dressed, what more could you want?

www.sinuhexavier.com

Could some one Please tell me exactly where this canyon is?
    Sure. Go here:
    1) http://www.climb-utah.com/Moab/cameltoe.htm
    2) Join the Circle of Friends
    3) Get exact, detailed instructions on where this is and how to do it. Even a map.