Thread: Riding trails along side motorcycles

Riding trails along side motorcycles

While riding the slickrock trail I was getting pretty envious of the motorcyclist - they actually enjoyed going up hill! I don't mind them at all... just get out of thier way!

So what are your thoughts/experiences with riding trails along side them? Are you against it? Do you tolerate it? Does anyone here do both?
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I do both, but from my personal experience I find motorcycle ride to be more courteous to me when I am on a mountain bike, but when I am on my motorcycle mountain bikers usually treat me like I don't belong there (I've gotten into arguments about is a trail is motorized or not motorized) . I know there is a jerk factor when it comes to the human population and I know someone has stories exactly opposite to mine. but this is what I have noticed.
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

I ride both too...so if I'm riding pedal power, I cuss and flip off the motorcycle riders. If I'm twisting the throttle, I try to run down the pansies in spandex.

Exactly! Mtn bikers can be such dicks towards Motorcyclists.

But for those of us who are on both sides of the fence, it's different. I'm not sure if it's jealousy, or they fear we'd dump our used oil on the trail.

I take both in places that the one or the other cant go so I have mixed feelings. I havent run into any problems on the trail but I DID get the idea of riding the Slickrock trail on a motorcycle when I saw on eblow past as I was getting my breath on my bike.