Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ya doin' on Turkey Day??

What ya doin' on Turkey Day??

Ok so this might be a bit early. But hell I thought we could get some chit-chat going. I am going to be busy in a convention almost all of next week. So anyway what ya'll doing besides yanking on yer turkeys.

I'll be in town and over at the fams house putting away some bird...pass the cranberry sauce and polishing off all the pumpkin pie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Backpacking the Grand Canyon with my son.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    Backpacking the Grand Canyon with my son.

Where are you hiking in the Canyon Scott?

Bogley BigShot
    I am usually stuck working on holidays so employees can have it off --- but I never know until they start asking.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    having a baby
    Congrats man! First one? I just had my first and the rumor holds that it definitely is a life changing event

Well, if you have any immediate tasks that need to be finished, get them done now, cause that boy will be one hell of a distraction after he comes. I haven't gotten a thing done homework wise for the last 3 weeks since mine was born

I just found out I could have the day off & I have to drive to my oldest sons' college to bring him home for a few days & then turn around & take him home & drive back home that night...10 hours round trip...hurray for me...

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I just found out I could have the day off & I have to drive to my oldest sons' college to bring him home for a few days & then turn around & take him home & drive back home that night...10 hours round trip...hurray for me...

Send him a bus ticket and YOU take the day off!

Same thing I did last year (hopefully & weather dependant).

THE SUBWAY from the top.

If the weather stays dry down there I'm planning on Mystery too.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Yep it's our first. It's a boy!!
    Just remember, Lamas breathing techniques really work! I didn't feel a thing when my children were born. (this is usually when my wife slaps me)
    Life is Good

Where are you hiking in the Canyon Scott?
    Hance-Grandview Loop.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

DickHead
    Working 0700-1500, followed by some gluttony.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    First of all, I cant believe you have a son in college!!

Second: I'll be down south somewhere, camping or backpacking and/or hiking. Probably in the Paria Canyon area. All my family's in MI.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

What am I doin' on Turkey Day???

Probably spread the legs open and stuff it while talkin' about breast. If I get in the mood I might try a little dark meat and if its good I'll probably go back for seconds. If it's dry I don't know if I'll eat it cause I like mine moist.

I'll be eating Turkey,
    but you know if the native Americans (hope that is politically correct today) would have killed a cat insted of a turky we would be eating pussy!! and not turkey.

Hey, I'm not picky...if I can't get turkey then yeah, THAT would do
    ....so, where's the icon for hacking up a hairball?

On Thanksgiving I like to do some geocaching, play croquet (weather permitting) and then help cook and eat. I have done it the last 3 years and I've loved it, but we have had good weather here in Provo the last couple of years, so that helps.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5