Thread: little canada

little canada

can anyone tell me how far you can ride that trail from 12Ogden street north..i have been told you can ride it all the way to north Ogden divide, but have yet to get to do it...
    thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: little canada

[quote="chromehead58"]can anyone tell me how far you can ride that trail from 12Ogden street north..i have been told you can ride it all the way to north Ogden divide, but have yet to get to do it...
    thanks
    "go get lost it is good for the soul!"

No you can't ride it to the divide. You can ride it to Ron Clair or by the Church on Washington Blvd right before you get to North Ogden. Be aware that if you go off the trail much there are a shit load of thorns. If you really want to ride it I can show it to you or just look at the trail on Google Eart.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

They're currently working on the bonneville shoreline trail north from the Ogden Nature Center to connect up with the trail that heads up to the divide, and a new trail that will go to a trailhead on the divide road where the powerlines cross, from there it will closely follow the powerline roads up and around North Ogden.

The trail between the nature center and the north end of the ogden section of the canal road is pretty technical, but ridable if you're up to it. Once you ride past the nature center below you, there will be a switchback with a trail spurring north from it down into a foresty area. When you get out of the foresty area you'll be above the small auto shop on Mountain Rd, follow the road up to the canal, and right before the canal becomes exposed again, there's a road branching to the right, if you go up that it will eventually become single track again, riding above the canal. The trail peters out when you start approaching the houses. You can bushwhack your way to Coldwater Canyon and hop on the roads and trails up there to follow them to the trail below the divide road.

It's doable, but it's not pretty.

Here's a google earth file for what I have ridden from the nature center parking lot.
    http://www.mikepearce.us/NOBST/NOBST-East.zip

You could just stay on the canal road above the auto shop until you hit a city street, roll down to Mountain Road, and follow that up to the end where a dirt road will start on the right, and you can ride up that to the trail below the divide road.
    Mike

You might as well not waste your time on the Northern Part of Little Canada, you can save yourself some money and ride the road and get a better workout and not get flats!! It is a cool ride to start where little Canada finishes (northern part) and ride the BST south, great ride and you can get a 25 mile out and back out of it. Also little Canada is a very dry trail so it makes for some great riding in the winter.

Hey thanks to you all..i have been riding a few of the Ogden trails, but with the bad weather i have found that this part of the BST dries out quicker, and had made my way to the nature center, but could not find where it went from there. as for the flats, JUDASSSSSS two in the last week, only one the rest of the summer. so any way thanks again, and hope to see you on the trail!
    GO GET LOST IT IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!
    LETS GO RIDE

The thicker thorn proof tubes are awesome. I haven't had a flat with them in 3 years. They're noticeably heavier while riding, but worth it.

Work on the BST from the nature center to the north is going to be going on this winter, so hopefully by next summer it'll be a good obvious trail.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by chromehead58
    Hey thanks to you all..i have been riding a few of the Ogden trails, but with the bad weather i have found that this part of the BST dries out quicker, and had made my way to the nature center, but could not find where it went from there. as for the flats, JUDASSSSSS two in the last week, only one the rest of the summer. so any way thanks again, and hope to see you on the trail!
    GO GET LOST IT IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!
    LETS GO RIDE

Let me know when you want to go ride, I am gonna hit the BST in Ogden this weekend and wouldn't mind riding with ya. Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by mroy
    The thicker thorn proof tubes are awesome. I haven't had a flat with them in 3 years.
    Roger that. I went 5 years with mine, and it was finally the valve stem that wore a hole in it.

weather to bad this weekend...but next time we get a couple of good days in a row, i will post, always looking for new guys to ride with...as for the puncture proof tubes, just bought one and will try it, but plan on going tubless this winter....any one tried it yet?