Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Hikers in Water Canyon

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Beautiful pictures! You certainly have a knack for photography.

-and-

I just visitied the ZNP site. Is it all yours? I am very impressed.

For those interested ... the Cannan Mountain to Eagle Crags Trip is online. Of all the hikes and Canyons I have done.... this is my favorite. Its spectacular! We call it escape from Hilldale since its starts where the Polygamist live.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/zio...n-mountain.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot

Speaking of bad Beta..... OUCH!

Bogley BigShot
    I felt like some more torture ...... so we headed back up to Canaan Mountain again ..... today. This time we started at Squirrel Canyon --- then hiked to the top of Water Canyon Arch.... then up to the White Hoodoos---- and out Water Canyon... whew!!!! I am tired!!!!!

The scenery was great as always, but Squirrel Canyon does not compare to Water Canyon.

ATVs have been all over in that Wilderness Study Area... where of course they are not suppose to go...... we picked up so much trash. There is broken glass galore up there too. This is the 3rd weekend in a row we have been on the mountain so all this was done this last week. One spot has burned trees and trash galore including an ATV users manual. There was also a dead horse on the Squirrel Canyon Trail. The smell was so bad I almost lost it!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

beautiful tanya ... need to get there someday ... someday

It's sad people think they dont need to respect the environment or otheres enough to feel they can just ruin things for the rest of us. I find I am forever picking up after others when I am out in the wilderness and have always preacticed a Leave No Trace policy. WTF people...dont treat it like is was your own house..pickup after yourself.... Sorry Tanya, I went off but it chips my beef when I run across trash out in the wild - I am obviously preaching to the choir here

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    beautiful tanya ... need to get there someday ... someday

If you do, hike from Water Canyon to Eagle Crags. I have done so many hikes in the last few years, but none compare to this one! Its a winner! Squirrel Canyon was not so great --- but then 3 weekends in a row on the same mountain might have dulled that feeling. It can be done as a grueling one day hike or as a backpack. Its a tough hike to carry a backpack on and it's a really rough hike to do in one day. Summer's would be blistering out there. The 5 times I have been up there have always been in November.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    It's sad people think they dont need to respect the environment or others enough to feel they can just ruin things for the rest of us. I find I am forever picking up after others when I am out in the wilderness and have always preacticed a Leave No Trace policy. WTF people...dont treat it like is was your own house..pickup after yourself.... Sorry Tanya, I went off but it chips my beef when I run across trash out in the wild - I am obviously preaching to the choir here

I know most people take care of the wilderness, but in this beautiful place is getting destroyed. The BLM puts up road blocks into the Wildnerness area and although most ATV users are not like this, there are some out there tearing down the road blocks and signs and going up on the mountain. I can't believe the areas they are getting those things into. Then as you can see from the photo they are dumping glass and other trash.

Bogley BigShot
    I have the photo album finished for this hike: Squirrel Canyon to Water Canyon Arch then out Water Canyon.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/ima...m2/index31.htm

love this shot ... naturally the one with you is the preferred choice, but the close up on the arch has a nice perspective

awesome tanya awesome

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    love this shot ... naturally the one with you is the preferred choice, but the close up on the arch has a nice perspective

awesome tanya awesome
    Thanks Stefan... that arch was hard to shoot, not to mention to stand on. It slants down hill and there are few safe places near the arch to take a photo from.

Bogley BigShot
    For those wanting to hike to the Arch or through Squirrel Canyon, the trip report is done.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/water-canyon-arch.htm