Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Halloween

Hey.... Halloween is next week. Do you dress up or party? If so I expect to see some pictures of your halloween costumes. Halloween is usually a big deal/bash around the Ice house so I'll be sure and get some pictures for ya'll.....

Curious to know what you do for Halloween and if its a big deal in your family......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll probably dress up for work. Nothing much.

It sucks when you go all out, then you have to sit there all day in your facepaint and uncomfortable costume after the initial appearance is over. Then you've got about 8-1/2 hours of sitting, sweating, and snagging your costume for the rest of the work day.

As for trick or treaters, I can't wait until my boy is old enough to go out. That will be fun.

jr loves halloween and has the place all decorated inside and out w/ hand made and store bought creations. and were catching all the obligatory scary flicks of course. we have yet to carve the pumpkin btu the face is all picked out and plan on hitting soem haunted houses/fields this week and weekend. hes gonna be an alien this year and i'll dress up the same as i have for the past few years - middle age white man mourning his wasted life.
    signature

Yeah.... I don't do the dress up for work thing. It can be a pain in the butt.

When the wife and I were younger we used to dress up and make the rounds of the local bars. Most have costume parties and there is some really sweet costumes..... the best part of doing the bar scene is all the chicks dress up like a slut.....

you know.... slutty vampire, slutty pirate, slutty devil, slutty nurse..... ya gotta love it.

The best costume for us was when the wifey dressed up like a slutty Little Red Riding Hood and I was the Big Bad Wolf. We went to a wooded area and took some awesome pictures. I'll see if I can find some of the pictures..... we looked hot. Last year I was a knight and she was a princess.

Now days one of my inlaws holds a major bash and we go there.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    The best costume for us was when the wifey dressed up like a slutty Little Red Riding Hood and I was the Big Bad Wolf.
    In other words, you didn't have to bother with a costume....
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

so ice, what are your kids dressing up as this year?
    what about the rest of yous with children?

do the kids go to the party too, ice?

Halloween in New Orleans always meant going to the French Quarter (if you were an adult of course). Almost a mini Mardi Gras. Of course, you never knew if the costumes you saw were for Halloween, or just the normal garb for the locals down there.

Here are some photos from *Halloween Past*......one is just for you, Ice. There were other more colorful photos, but I know that Sombeech would spank me if I posted them.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

1. Go to Moab to get away from it all and ride.
    2. Hide in the basement with the lights off.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Hey shane, bring your girls by our haunted house we're doing at my dad's house in Draper.

We always deck out mine, my sisters and my dad's house for halloween. We go pretty overboard.

I usually dress up to take my son around. Gotta love the free candy. He enjoys me participating in the antics deemed normal on this one night of the year.

This is a pic of last year when my son wanted us to dress up like the Grim Reaper.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I would have a ball with Halloween if I had kids old enough, but my son is only 4 days old and all he does is eat and sleep. Kinda hard getting inot as an adult. My wife and I always forget to buy candy, so we douse the lights early and have rootbeer floats and a movie

Ehhh.... I am a bit of a holiday pooper. I like Thanksgiving but could do without the rest. Just another reason to drag out the shiz at the stores and make you spend money.

Anyway...I do have a funny story. My wife bought a costume for our 4 year old on Saturday. Its a power rangers get up from Target. This kid really isn't into power rangers but he liked the costume, it has muscles, a cape and a mask. He has been wearing it nonstop this weekend. He has me take it off so he can pee and then he wants it back on again. My wife finally dropped the hammer today and said no more until Halloween. So we've had a little power ranger protecting us all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    He has been wearing it nonstop this weekend. He has me take it off so he can pee and then he wants it back on again. My wife finally dropped the hammer today and said no more until Halloween. So we've had a little power ranger protecting us all weekend.
    That's great! My girl is 7, and she got a witch's costume a couple of weeks ago. Insisted on wearing it all day - and my wife was taking her and her brother out on a number of errands throughout the day. Wouldn't have been so unusual if it had been a little closer to the big day!

We used to go big on Halloween, good costumes, out to parties or clubs. I was Frankenstein one year (my wife the Bride), Commander Riker another, and (other things that might offend). Lots of fun. But now, with the kids, we alternate - one takes the kids around the neighbourhood, while the other gives handouts - I mean candy - to the other brats - I mean kids - on the block.

And Reedus? 4 days old? Congratulations! What a fun ride this parenthood thing is - exciting and rewarding. Enjoy!

Ehhh.... I am a bit of a holiday pooper. I like Thanksgiving but could do without the rest. Just another reason to drag out the shiz at the stores and make you spend money.

Anyway...I do have a funny story. My wife bought a costume for our 4 year old on Saturday. Its a power rangers get up from Target. This kid really isn't into power rangers but he liked the costume, it has muscles, a cape and a mask. He has been wearing it nonstop this weekend. He has me take it off so he can pee and then he wants it back on again. My wife finally dropped the hammer today and said no more until Halloween. So we've had a little power ranger protecting us all weekend.
    I had just the opposite problem with my niece (who was 3 at the time) a few years back. I bought her an Ariel (The Little Mermaid) costume from the Disney store - very real and expensive (what are aunts for, eh?) and she refused to put it on. She actually cried when we tried to get her into it. I think she was afraid that if she put it on, she would become a mermaid and lose her legs or something. She wouldn't say why she was afraid of the costume, but needless to say, she ended up going as a princess instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I usually dress up to take my son around. Gotta love the free candy. He enjoys me participating in the antics deemed normal on this one night of the year.

This is a pic of last year when my son wanted us to dress up like the Grim Reaper.
    Just curious, but does your appearance as the Grim Reaper ever scare the smaller kids? I just remember when I first moved here, I took my nieces out for trick or treat, and there were some great set-ups at some of the houses. But the last house we visited (I had to take them home after this one!) there was what looked like a fake animal of some sort sitting in a rocking chair in the front yard, and we we got close, the "animal" stood up and started howling. Needless to say, my nieces took off screaming and that was end of the festivities. When we got back home, they ran in the house telling their Mom that a big bear had chased us down the street. I thought it was all pretty funny, but I could see how little kids would be frightened by such. Now days they go to the scariest of haunted houses.

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    jr loves halloween and has the place all decorated inside and out w/ hand made and store bought creations. and were catching all the obligatory scary flicks of course. we have yet to carve the pumpkin btu the face is all picked out and plan on hitting soem haunted houses/fields this week and weekend. hes gonna be an alien this year and i'll dress up the same as i have for the past few years - middle age white man mourning his wasted life.
    Perhaps you might watch an episode or two of Twilight Zone ??

He has been wearing it nonstop this weekend. He has me take it off so he can pee and then he wants it back on again.

Quote Originally Posted by reedus
    but my son is only 4 days old and all he does is eat and sleep.
    well, from what i hear, you'll be trickortreatin' before you know it!
    wow, a new son, congratulations, i am sure that makes you very happy!

I watch a whole bunch of scary movies all month long. Last year I posted a movie review of all of the movies I watched: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1014

This year I focused on contemporary horror flicks. (2000 - present). So far Saw has been my favorite.

I love Halloween - it's one of my favorites holidays.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Here are some halloween pics from years past.

nice! thanks

kicked up costumes ... look really good ... love the vader!!
    i am a huge starwars fan too!!