Thread: What's in Utah county?

DickHead

What's in Utah county?

My wife wants to give a nice gift to one of the gals in her business who is promoting. She lives in happy valley. Preferably something for her and her hubby. Ideas?
    I was thinking like a spa package or a night in a nice hotel, but am clueless as to what's in Happy valley.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot

Re: What's in Utah county?

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    My wife wants to give a nice gift to one of the gals in her business who is promoting. She lives in happy valley. Preferably something for her and her hubby. Ideas?
    I was thinking like a spa package or a night in a nice hotel, but am clueless as to what's in Happy valley.

Those are fun. Also - Show gift certificate? Belly Dance Cafe gift certificate? Massage?

DickHead
    Belly dance cafe? That sounds too good to be true

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Belly dance cafe? That sounds too good to be true

Try these to be sure they still have belly dancing there.

Athenian Restaurant 25th Street, Ogden, UT
    Cedars of Lebanon 152 E 200 S, Salt Lake City (801) 364-4096
    Grecian Garden Restaurant 4816 South State St, Salt Lake City, (801) 262-7822
    Cafe Med 3300 South and Approx. 400 E., Salt Lake City, (801) 493-0100

Anyone that's going to be in Flagstaff Saturday 28th of October can go and watch the Belly Dance Superstars!
    Enjoy

The Homestead in Midway is a lot of fun with quite a bit to do. The spa is pretty nice except there was one "creepy" massage dude that my wife didn't like (that was a couple of years ago so creepy dude is probably gone). Nice rooms and minutes from good fun. If they golf, they are in primo golf land too. They are just a few minutes from Park City if the want more options for good food.

Another option is Daniel's Summit Lodge up Daniels Canyon going towards Strawberry Res. This looks like a lot of fun especially in the winter with all the snowmobiling packages. They too have a spa but I don't have any experience with them. They have a pretty darn good hot beef sandwich too. Limited to the restaruant there unless they drive down the canyon.

Both places are nice and are within about an hour from Happy Valley. I know, I live here!
    Life is Good

Happy valley is great, but I know my girlfriend and I are always looking for chances to "Get the Hell out of Provo". We call them GTHOOP dates and usually have at least one a week.

Get them a night at the Cliff Lodge before ski season starts. That's my favorite and its only 45 minutes or so.

Anything in Park City would do. Midway is closer.

Ben

http://www.sundanceresort.com/lodging_hot_deals.htm

The rates are pretty low right now (considering that some of the rooms go for 1000 per night in the winter).
    Spa is top notch, you may end up sitting next to Redford in the spa or restaurant.

Athenian Restaurant 25th Street, Ogden, UT

I have been to the Athenian in Ogden and if you don't mind 50 year old belly dancers and want good food...try it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    http://www.sundanceresort.com/lodging_hot_deals.htm

The rates are pretty low right now (considering that some of the rooms go for 1000 per night in the winter).
    Spa is top notch, you may end up sitting next to Redford in the spa or restaurant.
    Duh... I was at Sundance on Thursday and Friday. Been there many times. I was standing under and in Stewart falls on Friday. How could I forget the brain freeze! Sundance is great. Food is great... a little expensive for Utah County... but we are the cheapo area of the state.
    Life is Good

Best restaruant in Utah County, IMHO, is the Chef's Table. Great food, great service.
    Life is Good