Thread: Camping in the Roost - Where?

Camping in the Roost - Where?

Planning another trip to the roost over thanksgiving. Last year the grannery was crowded to saw the least. Has anyone camped at robbers roost springs?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I just noticed this never received a reply from anyone..... I think that is because there aren't many great camping sites in the Roost. Granary Springs is about the best around. The BJ Sandpipes site is nice but it's usually taken and often requires 4x4.

If it's not windy the top of Alcatraz or the Top of the Mindbender Moki Step Exit can be fun. Not a good place to camp with kids.

There are a couple nice sites just before the Moonshine Wash Trailhead. I believe there are a couple places where the Green River Road crosses the San Rafael River. And the Geyser site near the same place is popular.

Any others?

Just not a lot of great Roost campsites that I know of.

Bump. With an RV?

The Roost would be a long slow drive in with an RV. Your results would depend on how recently the roads were graded. I've been to the Roost when the roads are smooth and 50mph is no problem and I've been to the Roost when the roads are 10mph max and covers with massive sand dunes of blow sand.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

My biggest problem with the roads my last time in the roost was crazy bad washboarding. That could work some pretty major havoc on an RV. I guess my friends and I aren't too picky. We just find a relatively flat place and throw out a tarp when we want to camp, so there are gobs of places in the roost that are good for that.
    --Cliff