Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 06-07 Jazz Season

Are the wheels about to fall off?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Nah...they need a few of these. But they could drop two more in a row, making them on a 4 game skid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Looks like the wheels are rolling again...The win over the SPURS will give us some confidence going into tonights game against the LAKERS

We need to start scoring more points though

I hear Fish was showing the team what a championship ring looked like so they would stay focused.

I was sure after the first quarter that it was going to be an ugly loss but then they turned around. Maybe after the game today the NBA will slap another $25,000 fine on Phil Jackson, he didn't mind the calls where it looked like the refs were waiting to see if the Lakers shots would fall in before blowing the whistle.

The Kobe Show...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

May I remind those that didn't watch the game last night vs the LAKERS that KOBE had a hand in his face everytime he shot the ball......Hell of a performance

Quote Originally Posted by shanehadman
    May I remind those that didn't watch the game last night vs the LAKERS that KOBE had a hand in his face everytime he shot the ball......Hell of a performance
    Ya, I watched the game. I couldn't believe my eyes!! He was playing like a man possessed!! Some of the shots he put up were just unbelievable!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Kobe is a douche

I'll second that. Fine line between team player and ball hog. He clears the line by some wide margins.

If any player goes 9/9 from the field and 10/10 from the foul line for 30 points I would want him to have the ball....Who wouldn't??? Oh and those stats are in the 3rd quarter alone!!!!

He's more of a team player now than he has ever been

It's one thing to sabotage your offense by hogging the ball, and putting up poor shots, but it quite another to do what he did last night. His own teammates were busting their asses to get him the ball -- and for good reason -- he couldn't miss!

Another thing about performances like that - it jacks up the other team's defense. Now instead of just guarding Kobe like normal, they are forced to double-team him, which leaves a man open. It wreaks havoc. The Jazz didn't know what to do. Every single shot Kobe put up was with a Jazzman's hand in his face.

Crazy!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

So he was one last night... woopity freakin do. I would venture that the reason that the Lakers don't do well in post season is because of the Kobster. You can't have a glory hog on the team like that and do well. It would all weigh on Kobster's performance. If he is on like he was last night, they spank their opponent, but if his game isn't up to par, they lose.

Last night they looked really good agaisnt the Bucks, something like 70% fg in the third.

I really thought at the first of the season that they would be the typical Jazz team off to a great start only to lay a golden egg after a few games. But after watching them play, i have changed my opinion. It isn't so much the talent they have but the way they bust there butts and hustle down the court that impresses me and wins game IMHO. I think they will go far in the playoffs this year.

Reedus

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I think they will go far in the playoffs this year.

Reedus
    Now they are impressing me too. But yer statement above might be a little far fetched. Everyone knows that the first 20 games of the regular season are a wash and pointless. Are the other teams really trying to win or do they not care yet? Now when it comes down to the playoff stretch and certainly in the playoffs its a whole different ballgame.

I for sure think we will make the playoffs but once you get into a 7 game series with the MAVS or SPURS or SUNS it's alot different than just a regular season game, but I see them going far if they can stay healthy!!!

They looked great against the Mavs and Boozer and William tore apart the Clippers after the half. The next 7 games are against teams with records of .500 or below, hopefully we won't embarass ourselves.

Boozer and Williams both had 28 points and had double-doubles

We should be able to win our next 6 even though 5 of them are on the road...so far so good this year!!!!

I work swings so I don't get to see the games - but I watch the scores on Yahoo and so I get something to watch I guess. It's unreal to see this team do what they are doing. They pounded the Mavs, then went to LA and buried the Clippers

Not sure how they'll do in the playoffs - I guess we'll see in February/March to really tell how well this team is doing. (obviously)

But, in the mean time - the train keeps rolling!