Thread: Scammers everywhere

Scammers everywhere

I got this email about my truck I'm selling to send an email to this guy. So I send it off thinking that he used some site that doesn't allow users to directly contact the seller, anyways today I get this from him.

Greetings........
    How are you doing today? I am actually making enquiry about your used car listed on the website. I want to make this purchase for my In-law who will need the vehicle for church dedication (the vehicle is a Bronco with 6" lift) in two weeks time. He happened to budget for a car last time and unfortunately it was sold out. Now I am looking up to working with you hoping that you won

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have come to the conclusion that anybody that starts out with "greetings" or refers to an agent is usually a dead give away to a scam. Seriously, who starts out a letter with "greetings"?

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I have come to the conclusion that anybody that starts out with "greetings" or refers to an agent is usually a dead give away to a scam. Seriously, who starts out a letter with "greetings"?
    Greetings,

I don't what you're talking about...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

If you have ever sold on ebay or KSL, you would know what I was talking about

If you have ever sold on ebay or KSL, you would know what I was talking about
    Greetings,

I still don't get it...

They always send you an email (never call) to inquire about what you are selling. They don't start with hello or how are you, it is always "greetings". And then they go on to say that they themselves can't make the transaction, but their "agent" will take care of the exchange. Capish Rock?

Greetings,

Oh.....ok.......I see.

LOL rock.....oh ya Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    LOL rock.....oh ya Greetings

Greetings,

Well I'm glad somebody picked up on it. I'm growing weary of typing "greetings" before everything I say.

Capish Rock?
    greetings ...

ima gonna pulla spelling nazi here anda say ...

that would be "capice"

Greetings

I just received an email saying that hundreds of women in my area want to have sex with me...... I'm sure that is not a scam.

capice!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Greetings

I just received an email saying that hundreds of women in my area want to have sex with me...... I'm sure that is not a scam.

capice!
    Greetings,

I got that same email too. Since there are only 2000 people living in Monticello, and assuming women comprise roughly 55% of the population here....that means that pretty much EVERY SINGLE WOMAN in Monticello wants to have sex with me.

Ya.....that sounds about right!

I just received an email saying that hundreds of women in my area want to have sex with me......
    It doesn't count if you are the one that wrote the email.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Greetings

capice!

Wait, I got that email too.... with my 1/2 pound of sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Wait, I got that email too.... with my 1/2 pound of sasquatch.
    Uh oh, I sent that to the wrong person.

Got this one today with the subject: inspection

Hello,
    Thanks for your mail. Please i will like to know questions below for onward transaction immediately.
    How many times has the vehicle been re-painted?
    How many miles are on it?
    Hope the oil is changed.
    Has the car been in any accidents?
    How many people have owned the vehicle?
    Why are you selling the Vehicle?
    Hope the title papers is ready.
    Has the Vehicle ever been flooded or declared a loss by an insurance company
    Finally please state your bottom-line price.
    This communication implies our willingness and commitment in purchasing the vehicle.
    send a copy of the reply to my client private email box roberthammond20092008@yahoo.com and also to me
    Thanks and have a wonderful day..

Regards
    Ragon Moore

That's funny, You should reply with some total bogus answers, like it has 300 K miles and that it has been in 4 wrecks and also ridiculously inflate the price.
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by basilone0331
    Hope the oil is changed.
    You're in luck! I had it changed last year.

DickHead
    Here's some terrific pics to send him

Or something like this, completely different than the actual vehicle for sale

Great tires, Super Swampers.