Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moab trip invite!!! November '06

Moab trip invite!!! November '06

We finally came up with a date.

A few of us will be in Moab the weekend of November 3rd - 4th (friday-saturday). Most likely we will drive down Thursday night, and possibly come back Sunday morning. We will be in a motel (no reservations as of yet).

Our plans:
    • mtn bike 1-2 trails one day. I'd love to hit Porcupine Rim as I've yet to ride it.
      Four Wheeling (ATV) & motorcycle the next day. Not sure what trails to hit here, preferrably a lot of slickrock?

Anyways, if you can make it down, we'd love to meet up with the uutah & UMB clans on the trails. You'll all have to fend for yourselves on lodging, but I'm sure you'll have no problems in November. We can PM each other our cell phone #s.

I'm guessing temps should be in the 60's?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Count me in.. Well not for sure yet, but it is a huge possibility. I will let you know ASAP, but I would love to join ya.

I'm an hour's drive away. I'll probably make an appearance. My bike sucks though.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm an hour's drive away. I'll probably make an appearance. My bike sucks though.
    You can show us some quick canyons if any.

Sweet! I am putting it on my calendar and I don't see any problems with the date yet. It would be good to catch up with rockgremlin and the rest of the posse. Come if you can fellow uutahers...I mean what else will you be doing in November.

Im in

Im in and count me in, I may have room for someone if I cant find anyone to come with me, when it gets a little closer i will let you know. I would like to ride amassas back and love to get at least 1 night ride in. Amassa Back is amazing at night.

Soveirgn singletrack, Amassa Back, we gotta hit these ones!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Re: Im in

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Soveirgn singletrack, Amassa Back, we gotta hit these ones!
    Yep, I've been hearing a lot about those two trails. I've got these 3 trails in my hopper:

Porucupine Rim - http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/porcup.htm

Sovereign - http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/sovergn.htm

Amassa - http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/amassa.htm

Unfortunately, I think I'll have to choose only two of them. I'd like to ride an ATV for a day as well, but you guys should go for it.

The last time I did 4 trails in 2 days was in St George, and that wiped me out by #3.

Y'all have a good time and I'll be here in jealous mode 'cause I can't get off work to go Better post some pics is all I've got to say!!!

Some cool videos from UMB to give us a preview of the trails;

Sovereign Trail
    http://www.alpinebike.com/Videos/Sovereign.mpg

Porcupine Rim
    http://www.alpinebike.com/Videos/Porcupin.mpg

Amassa Back
    http://www.alpinebike.com/Videos/Amassa.mpg

I'm jonesing (I hate this word!) to get down there and grab some sweet footage. I'm currently shopping around for some helmetcam mounting arms. I'd love to place the camera on different positions on my frame. Anyways, enjoy the videos.

Where is everyone planning on stayin? Are you going to take the hotel route or do a little camping? Just curious.

I'd camp, but I don't want my bike to get stolen, and I don't want to use it as a pillow.

I think we'll just get a motel room. I haven't called yet. I'd better get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'd camp, but I don't want my bike to get stolen, and I don't want to use it as a pillow.

I think we'll just get a motel room. I haven't called yet. I'd better get on it.

I am dying to use this pop-up trailer that I just got for free so I may camp it out, or get a Hotel?

Man, that reminds me. I've gotta get off my butt and get a reservation!

Hey guys-

got the link from: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UM...pic.php?t=2708

Myself and a couple buddies will be making the ~7 hour drive from CO Springs to ride Moab that weekend (our first time biking utah). We're looking for all the info we can get to make it a badass trip and wouldn't mind meeting up with other mountain bikers. If anybody can offer advice or if you want to meet up (We're driving Thursday night and riding Fri/Sat and Sun morning) drop me a line: brandon.sullivan@gmail.com

-brandon

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8rbmx
    Hey guys-

got the link from: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UM...pic.php?t=2708

Myself and a couple buddies will be making the ~7 hour drive from CO Springs to ride Moab that weekend (our first time biking utah).
    Sweet! Hey, welcome to the forum. We'll have to be sure to meet up sometime that weekend. Right before we head down, we'll all send each other our cell phone numbers or something.

Hey guys, I would love to get out and ride some trail, I've been doing so much urban lately, but it is right out my door. So yeah I would like to go ride but I wouldn't be able to leave until Friday after my classes. How long is the drive to Moab from SLC? If I went down I would probably just sleep in my car. So if anyone will be riding trail Friday afternoon/night or Saturday let me know and I'll see if I can make it down. And if you know of a place where I could park my car to sleep, like a campground or something, that is free or cheap that'd be great info, Thanks!

Yeah, so who's going then? Whaz the plan?? This weekend...

i'll be there with two buddies. making the journey from colorado thursday night and hitting the trails friday, saturday, and sunday morning. can't wait- looking forward to great riding and (fingers crossed) good weather. if you're going that weekend- send me an email with yer cell # and i'll trade mine. maybe we can get some shuttles going for porcupine rim ?

brandon(dot)sullivan(at)gmail(dot)com

-brandon

Hey Acca --

Where/when can I meet up with you on Saturday? Is the wife coming down too?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Slight change.... I may end up coming down Friday afternoon. It's looking like I can get more of the Ogden posse down there if I wait for them.

I was thinking of going down friday MORNING, and hitting a trail by noon, hit another one saturday, and drive home saturday night.

Now, we may go down friday SOMETIME, bike on saturday, and POSSIBLY ride ATVs on sunday--- depending if we can tow them down there somehow. If not, we'll either bike or hike on sunday.

LeRoy, Cam, and maybe Don will come down. maybe Mark, and maybe Shad. I'm betting on a bunch of maybes.