Thread: Black Diamond Gear Swap and Sale

Black Diamond Gear Swap and Sale

A heads up/FYI for all outdoors lovers. The Black Diamond Gear Swap and Sale will be Saturday, October 21, 2006 starting at 8:00 AM. If you're looking for some great deals on some awesome, (perhaps not so) gently loved gear I suggest you be there. Bring cash (and lots of it). Last year I missed an killer deal on some MSR Denali snow shoes. A guy was asking $120 for 3-pair or $50 each (one pair had televators). I missed them simply because he was "leaving the country in a week" and wouldn't take a check. By the time I got back with the cash he'd sold them. All was not lost though. I found an Imlay Rope Silo and 70 meters of nearly new static rope for $40 (yes for both). I also picked up a Vortex 2200 Series pack for $20.

Inside the Black Diamond retail store look for "cosmetic second" ATC's and fig-8's (selection may vary). Besides the screamin' gear deals there are usually a couple dog fights and some pretty good people watching. Even if you don't find anything it's worth the trip, but you'll probably find something.

The Black Diamond Store is located at 2084 E 3900 S in SLC.

Disclaimer: Moabfool does not work for Black Diamond.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Black Diamond Gear Swap and Sale

Almost forgot, bring any gear you're looking to unload. Chances are you'll be able to sell it, though not for anywere near what you paid for it.

I'm also sorry for spamming the forums. I felt bad doing it, but this sale/swap is just too good to miss.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

I love the Gear Swap

Three years ago I got a Magellan SportTrack GPS unit for $50 + the car and data kit... (The guy I bought it from got it for a Christmas pressent and never used it. Perhaps I should have gotten his in-law's address to send a thank you card?)

Bring cash... small bills are best - I learned one year that nobody can really break a $20...

oh - and bring all your old gear that has no value to you because chances are it is valuable to someone else... and if you are really an entrepreneur - there is always a market for the guy who wants to sell bagels and juice for $1 a bagel and $1 a cup of juice... since most people just roll out of bed and head up there.
    -----
    "It's a miracle curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

For a good time, check out my blog. or update the CanyonWiki