Thread: Das Boot & Subway (as promised)

Das Boot & Subway (as promised)

DAS BOOT September 31, 2006

We got a late start since we wanted to sleep in after our early rise the day before for permits. The four of us got up around 7:00 Utah Time and made our way up the Kolob Terrace road. We dropped off the shuttle vehicle and proceeded up to the top. We hiked down into the canyon without a problem thanks to Shanes GPS points. We found that Shane's entrance was much nicer than the last time we did Das Boot (following Kelsey's descriptions). Kelsey adds additional canyon but a lot more hiking and Shane's seemed to cathc the best parts. In any case we suited up and got going. The water was very cold. We loved the downclimbs and everything seemed fairly clean. There was a party ahead of us that chased of the rattle snake. We quickly arrived at the rap right above Russell. Jason and I decided to jump after having the party ahead (who all rapped) check the water for us. What a ride. I think I forced canyon water up every orifice in my body. We passed a few parties here and there and made it to the top in about 8 hours total. Great canyon, great company, and great weather.

Oh...I almost forgot, one of the first groups we passed in the Subway was half female all wearing white cotton t-shirts and those J-Lo velvet work out shorts. Now that's the kind of group I need to be leading. That's a group leader who knows his stuff, probably told everybody they need to wear white 'cause of the heat and short shorts so they can swim better.

You can check out the Das Boot jump videos at;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otX69bJazMQ

and here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNiqRfEYRzk
    Attached Images Attached Images          

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: TR - Das Boot & Subway (as promised)

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    female all wearing white cotton t-shirts and those J-Lo velvet work out shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    That's a group leader who knows his stuff, probably told everybody they need to wear white 'cause of the heat and short shorts so they can swim better.

How high is the jump? Man.....that's scary!

Here is a video of the jump

Das Boot Jump
    http://uutah.com/forum/files/dasboot.wmv

Be VERY careful and check out the landing zone before jumping. There are hidden objects under the water and the landing zone is pretty small.

Oh I am too chicken to jump, but that looked nuts!