Thread: Need a Canyoneering DVD

Need a Canyoneering DVD

Alright, I know a couple of you guys are really good at making DVD's so here is the deal.

I'm giving a one hour canyoneering presentation to a youth group on Tuesday (Oct. 10). I just found out we have access to a laptop/projector combo with sound that can display DVD's and JPG's to a screen. I though it would be really sweet to begin the presentation by playing a 5 or 10 minute DVD of canyoneering. It does not have to be of a specific canyon, in fact a mix of different clips and shots that gives the general feel of canyoneering with perhaps a music sound track would be awesome.....

Or perhaps someone already has a DVD sitting around that fits my needs.

I have no clue how much trouble making something like that is.... if anyone is up for something like that I would be in your debt. My only real request is that the DVD and soundtrack be G rated.

If no one steps up to the plate I guess the poor little brats will have to suffer through a 10 minute slide presentation which features nothing but pictures of me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

They let you around youth groups? Probably don't check backgrounds do they?
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Why not play one of the videos from the vid archive?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    They let you around youth groups? Probably don't check backgrounds do they?
    Not without a couple big burly chaperones

I'm going to start converting these youngin's to the dark side while they are still naive and impressionable.

Maybe get myself a future rope gun out of the deal

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Eric has a couple that might work.... but I'm not sure how to steal them from Google. I'm also guessing that a higher quality print exists.... and I'd want the authors permission to use the video.

A couple of hot babes in a video would certainly hold the young men's attention

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Eric has a couple that might work.... but I'm not sure how to steal them from Google.
    This would make you depend solely on the good internet connection. Eric (shaggy125?) could maybe put them on a downloadable website, so you could download them to the PC, and have them ready to rock.

Ice, I have one that's 2:10 in length, 4 MB, professionally done. It has a rock soundtrack, but not too hard, and no lyrics. The setting is Pine Creek Canyon in Zion. It's about 7 years old and was my first canyoneering trip. . . the one that hooked me. Anyway, no one is wearing a helmet, and there are a couple Aussie-style and stunt raps into water. The video is very cool and shows some newbs, which might be good, but I don't want to set a bad example for the kiddies regarding helmets, or lack thereof.

Let me know if you want to have a look at it. In the mean time, I'll make sure there are no copyright restrictions (I'm pretty sure the company that made it is long defunct).

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    This would make you depend solely on the good internet connection. Eric (shaggy125?) could maybe put them on a downloadable website, so you could download them to the PC, and have them ready to rock.
    Yeah.... i want a disk in my hand. Then I can test everything before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by utidcapaco
    Ice, I have one that's 2:10 in length, 4 MB, professionally done.
    Can you email me a copy so I can check it out? shane@sisna.com

Was this video by Adrenaline Sports or something like that? If so I kinda remember it.

A couple short video's or a short video and slide show could all work out nice. I'm just trying to put together something to keep the gang entertained and impress the women

Can you email me a copy so I can check it out? shane@sisna.com
    It's in the mail!

AAArrrggghhh.... the video is in .RAM

I hate RealMedia and don't have a player and I don't know if the Lap Top I'll be using has a player.....

Can anyone convert this to something I can use?

Still haven't been able to view the video and I'm still open to other possiblities

Thanks so far to those who have helped out.....

Sorry. I agree. Real isn't my first choice, either. I'll see if I can convert it, but don't hold your breath.

I can hook you up with a DVD, it would be easy for me to make, and I have a couple already made anyway. I also have a DVD Joe Bugden sent me from Australia that I'm sure would work. You live in Draper right? It would probably be easiest for me to just swing by your place sometime and drop it off since I live in Riverton. Ping me sideband ericgodfrey@gmail.com

Eric.

You have been pinged

I have one of Joe B's DVD and was considering using it, but his stuff is by canyon so I would be forced to pick a specific canyon to use. I'm really hoping for about 5 to 10 minutes of several different canyons all spliced together with a sound track.

I've got the trailside and anyplace wild canyoneering videos. I could burn you a copy if you wanted one of those. They're definitely G rated. LOL

One is in australia. Another is with Rich Carleson and the third is with Dennis something or other in misc Zion canyons, like Pine Creek, Mystery etc.

I also have the Teton Gravity Research Canyoning on reunion island.

Shaggy made me a a really sweet "Utah Canyoneering" DVD that I plan to use. It is about 10 minutes long and gives a nice cross section of different Utah canyons.

Thanks to everyone who helped out, offered suggestions, or donated video. It is much appreciated

Big thanks to Shaggy who put together something I think will be extra special for the presentation