Thread: Short Cool Hikes - Utah County??

Short Cool Hikes - Utah County??

Looking for a 2-3 mile hike in Utah County that has some wow factor. Needs to be easy for some non outdoor people. The hike will take place this Saturday. A waterfall or cool lake would be awesome...taking suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

acca

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Battle Creek Falls
    Stewart Falls
    Rock Canyon
    Silver Lake
    Ridge Trail
    Timpanogos Cave

Stewart Falls would be really nice assuming tee autumn leaves are still out.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Stewart Falls fits the bill. A hike there combined with a stop at Bridal Veil has quite the wow power. Throw in a drive over the Alpine Loop to check out the fall colors and you have yourself a mighty fine day. Be sure to hike from the Aspen Grove trailhead, that way is free. Don

I was at stewart falls last week, there was not too much water running down the falls. But its still fairly impressive.
    Upper falls (next set of falls east of BVFalls) is always nice and has far less people.
    Rock Canyon has some great colors right now.
    Big springs up south fork is always nice too, not much WOW to that hike but there are some great views and excellent fall colors.

[quote=James_B_Wads2000] Plus I don

Fifth Water Hot Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Fifth Water Hot Springs
    Yeah fifth water is tight, but beware of naked hippies (and not the sexy kind).

[quote=Summit42] [quote=James_B_Wads2000] Plus I don

Well the reason they closed off the trail is because of high traffic. That area is not owned by sundace resort. Its private property, so blame the millionaire home owners.
    I understand what you are saying and this is by far the simplest path to the falls. But if I (or you) paid millons of dollars for a cabin the last thing I would want is my street turning into a parking lot of weekend warriors that are looking for the shortest possible route to enjoy nature.
    If you park at the base of the resort the have a maintained trail that goes all the way to the falls. Yeah, if you ask they want you to buy a ticket. But he trail head is pretty easy to find.

Hey thanks for the love guys. Stewart Falls looks great! Can you give me directions to a couple of these places. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Hey thanks for the love guys. Stewart Falls looks great! Can you give me directions to a couple of these places. Cheers.
    http://www.sundanceresort.com/summer_map.htm

These are the route from sundance, If you take the lift there is a fee. If you hike from the base it free, this option has the most vertical but it not hard at all.
    The old parking area that James is referring to is near the area marked 23 on the map
    The other option is to head up aspen grove, that's going to cost you $3. There is a map there at the trail head.

Hey thanks for the info Summit. So how many miles from the base? Also how much to ride the lift?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Hey thanks for the info Summit. So how many miles from the base? Also how much to ride the lift?
    8 bones per person
    I would guess 1.5 miles each way hiking from the base.
    From the lift to the falls then base is around 3, all down hill.