Thread: Snow Basin TR

Snow Basin TR

Well I finally made it up to Snow Basin to give it a try. I got there Friday morning first thing, and I think I only saw three other bikers the whole day. The trails were in pretty descent shape ( a few patches of snow here and there), and porcupine was closed due to snow ( although the rope was plenty high enough to bomb under ). I rode porcupine a few times and also decided to try philpot, and diamond. Other than having a cow moose charge me, it was a great day for riding. Here are a few picts of the leaves and what not.
    Attached Images Attached Images             

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool. Glad you made it. I ended up making it saturday afternoon with Mark and Cam. I'll just add my pictures to this post, since they're pretty similar.

I've also got helmet cam footage. Give it @3 days to edit.

OK, here are my pics, some are duplicates.... oh well.

Mark, Cam and I made it up there about 2:00 saturday afternoon. I called in the morning, and the top loop of Porc. was closed, but it was open by the time we got there.

There were still a few spots of snow across the trail. We saw jinx up there as well with is wife and bro. We hit Porc twice.

BTW, this whole time I've been posting the 640 X 480 pics, and it looks like the 800 x 600 size will do just fine. That's the "Medium" setting if you're using the XP Powertool Resizer
    Attached Images Attached Images                         

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    BTW, this whole time I've been posting the 640 X 480 pics, and it looks like the 800 x 600 size will do just fine.
    Actually 50-60% of our users have their monitors set to 1024X768. Thus the 640X480 sizing.

Nice pix.

Falls colors seem to be peaking up there, nice pics. On this machine I run 1024x768 and they display fine, no scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Actually 50-60% of our users have their monitors set to 1024X768. Thus the 640X480 sizing.
    maybe for photography's sake, we should suggest all of our users switch to 1024X768. If not, they'll figure it out. Man, I'm bummed I've been sizing them so small lately.

So what's the point in the little rubber mats that are across the trail ? The first time I saw it I stopped and stepped my bike over it thinking it was an iron plate or something. I just thought thet were out to kill someone . Sweet Pict's man, I wish I could have met up with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    So what's the point in the little rubber mats that are across the trail ? The first time I saw it I stopped and stepped my bike over it thinking it was an iron plate or something. I just thought thet were out to kill someone .
    Yeah, me too. I went around them at first. I think it's to guide the runoff water from the trail.

Sounds like you had a good weekend hunting though. Who'd you say you rode with? Was it Dan again?

No I rode alone on Friday. I didn't know I was going until Friday at 8 a.m. It was kind of a last minute thing. With work and the hunting trip planned I barely made it.

nice leaves!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    nice leaves!
    I cheated a little on the photos. I used Picasa to touch them up.

Helmet cam video is done.

Warning, it's pretty shaky. Time for new suspension on the bike.

This is the low-res video
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...34539521311038

High-res video
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30207837993850

Very nice man awesome!! Sink your teeth boys...go Sammy!!