Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How bout them UTES!!!

Dang.... this will be my first week I can't watch the Utes because of the stupied MTN tv deal. I'm trying to figure out where to go watch the game...

Anyone want to invite me over? Or I know a cool bar in Park City that will have the game on

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Greetings,

According to my calculations, the Utes will lose at least 2 more this season.

I can almost guarantee that they will lost to Wyoming at Laramie this weekend.

I will go ahead and guarantee a loss at Air Force later this season. Air Force is tough this year - they BARELY lost to Tennessee, who is currently ranked 9th in the nation, and almost beat Urban Meyer's Gators.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I know a cool bar in Park City that will have the game on

What cool bar do you go to up there?
    I was a huge fan of Burgies (RIP).
    All you can eat wings for 5 bucks and dollar pints of beer. It was the best money I ever spent.

So long as the Utes beat BYU everything is wonderful in Uteville
    If they don't beat BYU that will be a disappointment...Anybody got any extra tickets??

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Dang, I can't find the name. It's at the north end of town on the east side of the street. It's next to the Marriott Summit Watch. They have about 50 big screen TV's all tuned into different games. It's a great place to watch college football.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Dang, I can't find the name. It's at the north end of town on the east side of the street. It's next to the Marriott Summit Watch. They have about 50 big screen TV's all tuned into different games. It's a great place to watch college football.

next time I am up there I will look around for it, if you recall the name let me know.
    With the Death of Burgies and The Wasatch Sport Bar turning into the Cantina I have not gone up there to watch a game in awhile.

Anyone know of a cool sports bar with all you can eat wings???

I think Rock has got the Utes figured to a tee. Not only did they lose to Wyoming, they got beat quite soundly. The Ratmeister is just to inexperienced to carry the team

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I think Rock has got the Utes figured to a tee. Not only did they lose to Wyoming, they got beat quite soundly. The Ratmeister is just to inexperienced to carry the team
    For some reason, the Cowboys really have our number. They ALWAYS gear up to play us -- especially when we play in Laramie.

I think Rock has got the Utes figured to a tee.
    I hope so.... that means we still have the end of season rally and no-name bowl to look forward too

I think Rock has got the Utes figured to a tee.
    I hope so.... that means we still have the end of season rally and no-name bowl to look forward too
    Yeah, I am also looking forward to attending the no-name bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yeah, I am also looking forward to attending the no-name bowl.

And I'll be right there with ya!

Anther late end of season rally leads to anther no-name bowl. Looks like Rockgremlin's crystal ball is working great

Go Utes! Beat "Breed em Young"

No way in hell that BSU will be in the Fiesta Bowl. Look at their schedule dude, they haven't played anyone. Here are a few numbers...the combined record of their opponents is 9-13 and Utah was the first team that they played with a winning record.

Lets also compare the schedules and scores of the Utes run to the Fiesta Bowl and BSU's chances. We can look again at the end of the season. I believe that their schedule strength is not high enough to break into the BCS. Something catastrophic would have to happen to several BCS teams for them to make it. And the undefeated thing???? We'll just have to wait and see...it is the only prayer for them, if they even have one.

Utes 2004: http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...ched-2004.html

Broncos 2006: http://www.broncosports.com/SportSel...61&SPSID=48555

Ummmmmmm........I told you so!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/bowls?game=fiesta

I should quit my job here, and be a full-time psychic....

So what is the deal, Utah fans? Your team won a bowl game and nothing.... absolutely nothing....no comment at all? I thought they played a pretty darn good game. Hello? anyone home? All these Ute emoticons.... come on folks. They won their bowl game. That is good for them, the State and the Conference.
    Life is Good

Yup, they won. They should have won and they did. Good. It was a disappointing year. The Utes have been flying high and the Cougs have been playing handball in the gutter. Good to see them BOTH win a bowl game. It'll be interesting to see how the Cougs fair with a new QB next year. And whats his name anyway?? I haven't seen anyone else taking snaps.

It'll be interesting to see how the Cougs fair with a new QB next year. And whats his name anyway?? I haven't seen anyone else taking snaps.
    Beats me Actually there are three contenders so I guess we will see.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    So what is the deal, Utah fans? Your team won a bowl game and nothing.... absolutely nothing....no comment at all?
    That is because unlike BYU fan's we are used to winning bowl games

Utah now has six straight bowl wins. 9 and 3 overall. That is very impressive when you consider all bowl games are against teams with winning records.

Utah's bowl record is impressive. Admittedly, I get pretty nervous before any bowl game BYU is playing. Although Bronco seems to have instilled a new mental toughness that has been lacking for a long time. Even Lavell had a tough time with bowl games.
    Life is Good