Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bout them UTES!!!

How bout them UTES!!!

They will have a true test this weekend with Boise State.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just waiting for the mid to late-season meltdown. Maybe it will be this weekend. If not, maybe against TCU, but definitely against Wyoming in Laramie.

I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I think they have a dang fine team and things are starting to pull together...

Typical Ute fan ehhh...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Typical Ute fan ehhh...

Typical Ute fan = someone who starts the year out excited for the new season. Lots of really great changes have been made to the line-up. Highly recruited kids from out of state have come to Utah, and good things are expected. Minor changes in the coaching staff are going to ensure that this year is better than ever. So-and-so who red-shirted from last season is healthy this year, and is looking damn good in the pre-season. All of the usual starters from last season are back again, and with another year of experience under their belts, they should perform better than last year. The schedule looks great - most of the more difficult teams will be home games. Everything is set to make this year one of the best years yet.

End of the season results: Utes go 6-6, and just barely pull off some rinky dink, pee-on, piss-poor playoff bowl that nobody cares about. But hey! At least we beat BYU!!

Every single year plays out like this scenario --- with the exception of 2 years ago, when the Utes kicked Pitt's ass in the Fiesta Bowl. Ute fans have grown cynical from constantly getting their hopes dashed to pieces year in and year out.

I'll step off the soap box now.

How bout them Utes now?

See what I mean? Now is about the time in the season when the wheels start to fall off. Someone needs to shitcan Kyle - he sucks as head coach.

At the end of this season we won't even get to brag about beating BYU -- I think BYU will spank us this year.

Damn! That Boise State team is good!! I think they could give any BCS opponent a run for their $$$.

I think Rockgremlin has the Utah football program pegged perfectly....

I'm cheering for Boise State to go undefeated and kick some BCS ass... I've been a fan of theirs for years (although I'm still a Ute first). Boise State should have been the newest member of the MWC and not TCU.... but that choice was money driven. Boise wanted in to the MWC really bad.

Yeah I was there and have the sunburn to prove it. Ok it was damn ugly, but hell its only ONE game. The damn offense was a complete joke! 4 picks and two of them in the red zone area. #$%@! $#@%! $%&*!

And hell it was practically a home game for Boise. Our fans don't have a clue how to cheer, they just sit on their hands. Oh man and now we have TCU on Thursday night!!! Oh SH*T!!!!!

Rockgremlin: I disagree about BSU giving ANY BCS opponent a run for their money. I mean yeah they have a good program. But hell they barely beat jet lagged Hawaii on the smurf turf last week. Yes they could smoke any MTN west team but not ANY BCS opponent...that's hogwash. The Utes made them look better than they are...

Down 30 points, I'd sit on my hands too!

I'm secretly rooting for Boise State too. I hope they go all the way to the BCS and kick some ass like the Utes did a few seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Our fans don't have a clue how to cheer, they just sit on their hands.
    Was there something to cheer about

That must have been when I went to the bathroom

When I was at the San Diego game last week the Utah fans were really loud and made up a large portion of the 53,000 crowd.

And yeah..... the offense looked sick. It was sick against San Diego but the game was such a mis-match that it didn't show up as bad.

Coaching is so important in college ball.... I was hoping Whit had the right stuff but now I'm not so sure. But he is young and still learning.

Hell it only took Crowton a couple of years to run BYU into the ground.

And on that note..... I did watch Urban Meyers Gators beat up anther ranked team today. That guy is a winner.... the day he took over Utah you just knew the Utes were going places.... same with the Gators, I expect them to win a National title sometime in the next few years.

Read the edit to my post BSU boy!!!

OK... read the edit to my edit to your edit

I'm not throwing Whit under the bus just yet..... Just saying that teams reflect their coach and his personality.

I'll bring this up again at the end of the season....when the Utes go to the Copper Bowl, or the Emerald Bowl, or the Fairy Bowl, or some other bowl that's so stupid and obscure that they can barely seat half the stadium -- AFTER they've been giving tickets away for weeks.

And Boise State will go to the Fiesta Bowl, and kick the shit outta some BCS team.

At this point, we can argue all day long about this, but mark my words -- I guarantee the above scenario won't be too far off the mark.

So long as the Utes beat BYU everything is wonderful in Uteville

No way in hell that BSU will be in the Fiesta Bowl. Look at their schedule dude, they haven't played anyone. Here are a few numbers...the combined record of their opponents is 9-13 and Utah was the first team that they played with a winning record.

Lets also compare the schedules and scores of the Utes run to the Fiesta Bowl and BSU's chances. We can look again at the end of the season. I believe that their schedule strength is not high enough to break into the BCS. Something catastrophic would have to happen to several BCS teams for them to make it. And the undefeated thing???? We'll just have to wait and see...it is the only prayer for them, if they even have one.

Utes 2004: http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...ched-2004.html

Broncos 2006: http://www.broncosports.com/SportSel...61&SPSID=48555

If Boise ends up ranked 12th or higher the BCS has to take them I believe.... it was part of the new package the BCS was forced to adopt so that conferences like the WAC, MWC and MAC would not sue their ass.

When Utah busted the BCS I believe the rule was an outsider had to be ranked 6th or higher and the Utes were ranked 5th at the end of the season so the BCS was forced to take them.

A lot of football left to be played, but I'm cheering for Boise to bust the hokey BCS system.

OK.... everybody back on the bandwagon

I wouldn't go so far as to say the U has an excellent team this year, I think TCU is just over-over-over-rated by the BCS. How in the crap do you go from being ranked 15 to losing two in a row to unranked teams including one at home. I am worried that BYU isn't as good as I initially thought either, but their schedule from here on out is cake except for the match-up with the U. I guess will see...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    OK.... everybody back on the bandwagon
    Yeah rockgremlin's ankles broke when he jumped off last week.

Good to see them bounce back and get the job done. Things certainly weren't perfect, but it was a definite improvement. It was a fun game to attend, the crowd was really into it and I think we bothered TCU on several snap counts.